Why does Daria means so much to millennials?

Most people don’t know that his father was one of the founders of the OSS and a big time CIA guy.

The Police were just a cover story. Just visiting the boy on tour, nothing to see here.

10 Likes

I bullshit you not:

14 Likes

Obligs in any generational thread:

18 Likes

OH yeah, I totally remember that in HS. But from ~1996-1999ish I didn’t have a TV while at college. So while I have seen a few episodes, never watched Daria enough to become a fan. :confused:

Accurate!

13 Likes

TBC, I didn’t doubt your veracity, this just blew my mind.
Now I’m trying to think of other spin offs that so totally eclipsed the originals…because IMO, that’s what Daria did.

7 Likes

Oh, I know.

I just like saying “I bullshit you not.” It’s one of my old colloquialisms from back when I was 19.

8 Likes

“Fanfare for the Common Man” was OK

5 Likes

A little drawn out, but I think it contained some of Stallone’s best work.

6 Likes

You owe it to yourself to give the show a go. Despite the idea of generations beyond individual families being a BS marketing ploy, it really was a touchstone for many of us who’d be classed as Gen X.

5 Likes

Man, so glad Stewart Copeland took over the drummer spot from him. An empty Folgers can and two sticks of dry spaghetti don’t make a drum set Douglas!

1 Like

In terms of both timing and content, I would say that Daria is a great bridge between Gen X and Millennials, serving as a cultural hallmark for both generations with alacrity.

2 Likes

I used to love this back in the day, thou we did not have sky when i was a kid, so can not remember how i watched it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.