Why hasn't this groundbreaking mess-handling tech resulted in a new generation of pooper-scoopers?

Originally published at: Why hasn't this groundbreaking mess-handling tech resulted in a new generation of pooper-scoopers? | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Does it work on walls? Asking for a friend who works at a Florida resort…

14 Likes

Déjà vu (Reboing) @shichae

2 Likes

Congratulations on your new baby!!!

Post some pics!

2 Likes

I know sorcery when I see it!

1 Like

Most dog poo is not the consistency of ketchup and mustard. I would just roll off that scoop if you weren’t careful.

Though maybe as puppies they have looser poos… It has been a long time since I had a puppy.

1 Like

Yesterday, I had to clean up a week’s worth of poop in the yard from two big dogs (my regular chore), and it’s been raining pretty heavily all week making mushy messes. Wonder how well that thing works with mushiness spread across dirt and tufts of grass. In the video from the 2019 BB post, it seems that the surface on which the subject matter rests is very smooth and made for the device.

BTW, puppy showing up at the airport? I’m not sure I understand.

2 Likes

I think it mostly hasn’t caught on because dogs don’t often poop onto glass. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. As I understand, those machines work great on very smooth surfaces but not so well on textured surfaces like grass, concrete, or hardwood floors.

7 Likes

Probably bought it from someone in another state/country.

When I was little my dad bred our Vizsla twice. Put an ad in the paper for the puppies. Had one guy come in from Texas on plane to pick one up.

1 Like

Basically a hand-held conveyor belt. These are used commercially to auto load and empty bread ovens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8_y_Y1ITME

1 Like

And love is cleaning up after them.

3 Likes

And now it’s time to go walk the dog!

1 Like

That is hilarious! I had searched our post history for SWITL, but it looks like the old name was SWIDL at one time, I’m guessing. Props to @beschizza, for the earlier article! ^____^

This is used primarily on conveyor belt line so I had thought it could work on a textured belt, but after looking at the videos, it does appear that all the belts are smooth in them. I may have to change the amount that I’m willing to pay down to a Gen 4 video game console price now…

Yup, after what feels like an extensive search, this Goldendoodle (I know, just about everyone and their grandma has a doodle these days, but like the Marines’ Rifle Creed goes: this is my doodle. There are many like it, but this one is mine) is flying in to Seattle from Indiana.

As someone that still bears the burn scars on my arms from working at a bakery in High School, I’m slapping my forehead for not thinking of an auto-peel from the bakery industry!

3 Likes

Why hasn’t this groundbreaking mess-handling tech resulted in a new generation of pooper-scoopers?

Because dogs do not poop on smooth surfaces. Mostly, they prefer grass around here.

1 Like

Also curious about the airmail puppy.

We currently have an old sick kitty. He throws up daily like clockwork, usually at 2 am.

My wife sleeps downstairs to keep an eye on the two sickest kitties, when I come downstairs to get cookies and milk, if she’s awake, she says kitty threw up but I don’t know where or there are towels on the floor marking the spots I shouldn’t walk. Sometimes I walk right through it and then I do the funny walk to the tub to wash my feet.

A robot that is sound activated by kitty hacking noises would be awesome but he never throws up on a smooth surface so it would have to be a very good robot. And nothing is going to help when he throws up on my wife as she’s sleeping.

Good luck with your puppy messes, remain calm and patient, once puppy is trained it will be fun until it gets older but by then maybe there will be a robot to help with the messes.

Until then, these two things are best in their class. We own two of each, one for our home and one for the RV.

https://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-SpotClean-Portable-Cleaner-2458/dp/B07D46SQ63

https://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-Eraser-Lithium-Handheld-Cordless/dp/B07CB6RBSP

3 Likes

Out puppy “Faye” has made it to her new home, and is sleeping after a quick shower. The whole process of getting a puppy delivered feels so modern, and now I feel extremely blessed to be the steward for such a magnificent companion. ^___^

7 Likes

She’s a beautiful fur baby!!!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.