Why just four seasons? Ancient Japan had 72 microseasons

Minnesota has two seasons - snow repair and street removal.

4 Likes

Well, when you put it that way…

(not sure if you meant to transpose the wording of the joke or not :thinking: …but it’s funny that way, too :smile:)

2 Likes

I blame Antonio Vivaldi.

4 Likes

“One sort of optional thing you might do is to realize that there are six seasons instead of four. The poetry of four seasons is all wrong for this part of the planet, and this may explain why we are so depressed so much of the time. I mean, spring doesn’t feel like spring a lot of the time, and November is all wrong for autumn, and so on.

Here is the truth about the seasons: Spring is May and June. What could be springier than May and June? Summer is July and August. Really hot, right? Autumn is September and October. See the pumpkins? Smell those burning leaves? Next comes the season called Locking. November and December aren’t winter. They’re Locking. Next comes winter, January and February. Boy! Are they ever cold!

What comes next? Not spring. ‘Unlocking’ comes next. What else could cruel March and only slightly less cruel April be? March and April are not spring. They’re Unlocking.”

Kurt Vonnegut, from Palm Sunday: Bits of the Collage (1981)

7 Likes

Personally, I’m looking forward to nanoseasons.

2 Likes

Around here we call the 2 seasons Winter and Construction.

5 Likes

summer and fog are the two seasons around the lake of constance

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.