Why (or why not) to vote for Bernie Sanders

Yeah, I know… I was being overly optimistic. College precincts aren’t the whole state. But there’s NH and that seems unlikely Hillary will win it. And Iowa has not predicted the last few elections. It’s just the first litmus test.

2 Likes

0.6% in it now? It’s closing.

Delegates are proportional anyway, so it doesn’t really matter, but Iowa should have been favourable to Sanders. Who will win NH, but I was hopeful for today.

At least Trump is having a poor night. But that means that arsehole Cruz is having a good one.

Cruz/Clinton - the battle of people whose own voters don’t much like them.

7 Likes

Maybe the silver lining is that Bernie came out of nowhere and is definitely still a contestant and not vanquished. And on the other side, a Cruz win means Trump and Cruz can just fuck with each other for the next three months, which maybe is good.

6 Likes
4 Likes

It’s within 0.2% now. I’m fucking dying over here.

5 Likes

Bernie has had a big push to carpool those kids back to their home districts.

If only college kids liked road trips to support political causes…

I think it looks amazing from here. Win or lose, anything close to a tie is an epic win for Bernie, who is 30 pts ahead in NH.

5 Likes

Why did he have to commit Cowicide, damnit. He should be here for this.

Sock it up and come back tonight baby!

10 Likes

He’s not even tweeting! Perhaps he’s driving people around Iowa?

8 Likes

what is the twitter handle? I had no idea

1 Like

@cowicide

5 Likes

@12345

3 Likes
4 Likes

I know, right? WTF???

7 Likes

Two Democratic parties showed up to vote in Iowa on Monday night, and with nearly all of the delegates tallied, the result is essentially a tie.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/01/what-we-can-learn-from-the-iowa-democratic-entrance-poll/

1 Like

Among voters looking for an honest candidate, Sanders did even better, earning the support of about 4 in 5 Democrats prioritizing that trait.

Honesty, schmonesty. Why’d you want a President you can trust?

4 Likes

Get ready for tomorrow’s quip about Bernie: He’s furious again about the 1%.

11 Likes

and pretty happy about the roughly 50% of the Iowa delegates he will be getting.

8 Likes

it’s down to .2% difference

4 Likes

Looks like no announced result until tomorrow.

6 Likes

On the plus side, we can all ignore Iowa again for 4 more years now.

13 Likes