Why (or why not) to vote for Hillary Clinton

The AP has been doing the same thing for at least 16 years. In 2008 they reported Obama’s victory under pretty much the exact same circumstances. As soon as superdelegates committed on 6/4/2008 it was announced using the same sources with the same tone. The only difference is that Hillary hit the border with a US territory and not on a Tuesday.

The primaries will be split until the convention, but Hillary’s AP announcement is no more dirty or illegitimate than Gore, Kerry, or Obama. If you disagree, then I admire your passion but your emotions are getting the best of you.

1 Like

Doesn’t make it right. Doesn’t mean I can’t disagree with it.

It doesn’t matter that Clinton is overwhelmingly likely to win. It’s voter suppression.

And you can eff off with that patronizing shite. There’s some more emotion for you.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen the news go around. Your complaint should be that it wasn’t announced Sunday instead of Monday, and not that it was announced. Even then there’s wiggle room on getting the nod from a super-delegate insider before Monday.

Why should the media be obligated to wait until Wednesday to announce that numbers came in a few days ago?

Because reporting it earlier will have an influence on an election on Tuesday?

2 Likes

How is having “Hillary reached the right numbers on Saturday the AP finds out on Monday. Oh, and California results are in” better posted on Wednesday? It’s literally to obligation of the media to present it when it is known and not when it is convenient.

In my facetious opinion, you’re aiding the furthering the already miserable divide between US states and US territories by saying their votes clinching the nomination are stepping on the toes of the states.

It has nothing to do with states or territories.

The point is that Clinton has clinched nothing. She doesn’t have 2383 pledged delegates, and she won’t have by the end of today, either. She has 1812. What 571 people say today that they’ll do in late July is irrelevant.

3 Likes

The Democratic pledged delegates are actually unbound. They can actually vote for whomever they wish, so even if she hit the magic 58.83% of the pledged delegates, we could still argue that until they vote, she hasn’t clinched anything.

For that matter, the entire electoral college is unbound, yet we announce the presumptive President in November, not in December when the electoral college actually votes.

1 Like

I’m not mad at the AP for doing their job. I mad at the superdelegates who can’t keep their effing mouths shut (to both the media and the Clinton campaign) until after the last primaries. But people talk because it makes them feel oh so important.

Grrr.

2 Likes

Nice job responding to the line I highlighted as a joke. Your emotional, it happens. Where was your outrage in 2008?

Resident in a different country, same as me.

But hey, you won. Enjoy your candidate. I hope she’s all you want her to be.

1 Like

She’s not even my candidate, I’m just not a fanatic.

1 Like

Why (** *** ***) to vote for Hillary Clinton

There are many important reasons to elect a democrat to the White House in 2016. One of the more important ones, is having a democratic president in the White House–who will appoint the next several U.S. Supreme Court Justices and numerous critical lower court justices.

One excellent example of the importance of lower court justices is what has occurred in the swing states of Ohio and North Carolina recently. Republicans in state after state (where they are the ruling party), engage in orchestrated and systemic voter suppression and repression, because they know they cannot win with high voter turnout.

Republicans attempt at voter suppression and repression was dealt a serious blow when the following decisions were rendered by lower court justices.

Ohio Republicans lost another federal lawsuit today over their attempts to restrict Ohioans’ voting rights.

Judge Algenon L. Marbley of U.S. District Court in Columbus ruled that state officials violated the U.S. Constitution’s guarantee of equal protection under the law and the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965. The Democratic appointee’s decision today echoes that of GOP appointed Judge Michael H. Watson late last month on a separate case that restored a “Golden Week” of early voting Republicans had eliminated.

Marbley also banned enforcement of several sections of state law dealing with absentee and provisional voting procedures that caused ballots to be thrown out even for “trivial” paperwork errors such as an error in listing date of birth.

The state’s Democratic Party was among the plaintiffs who sued Ohio’s elections chief over a series of Republican-backed voting changes.

Such policies included the elimination of a week of early voting in which Ohioans could also register to vote — a period known as golden week. Democrats alleged the change disproportionately burdened black voters. The state argued that the changes were minor and that Ohio residents had many opportunities to vote.

U.S. District Judge Michael Watson sided with Democrats on their golden-week claim, ruling that the cut violates the Voting Rights Act and voters’ equal protection rights.

Also on Tuesday, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit delivered an incremental victory for critics of Republican-engineered changes to North Carolina’s elections procedures.

In a brief order, the court said North Carolina could not, at least for now, enforce its recent rollbacks of same-day voter registration and out-of-precinct voting. The appeals court, which sits in Richmond, Va., will hear arguments about North Carolina’s practices on June 21, nearly two months after a federal judge upheld the procedures.

With Hillary Clinton now the presumptive democratic nominee for president–will Bernie Sanders supporters vote for her?

Bernie Sanders supporters are important to the future of the Democratic Party–and equally important if democrats want Hillary Clinton to become the 46th President of the United States.

The following article with numerous tweets, is a welcomed early development.

A vocal contingency among Sanders’ supporters are sticking with the slogan “Bernie or Bust,” vowing to not vote for Clinton in the general election, but many are reluctantly giving in, inspiring this little nugget of internet gold: the hashtag “#GirlIGuessImWithHer” began trending on Clinton’s victorious night…

…Mayflowerperson @mayflowerperson> #GirlIGuessImWithHer because my conscience and my ancestors won’t allow me to stay home and not vote against Trump…

…Tora Shae @BlackMajiik
Aint nobody tryna be sharecropping in Trump Fields…

Why not to vote for Clinton: cause we’re all dying to know whether Trump would be 10, 100 or 1000x worse than Bush.

Simply, the US is totally fucked in the absence of a revolution and new New Deal, as is the world. And we’re so sick of the pretense that we’re not actually being sold down the river by ersatz ‘progressives’ who are no less corrupt than scumbag Republicans… If we’re gonna go to fucking hell in a handbasket, we might as well be entertained along the way.

2 Likes

Hillary Clinton finally received the long anticipated and appreciated endorsement from President Obama. President Obama will be a much needed surrogate on the campaign trail.

Hillary and President Obama’s joint campaign event in Green Bay, Wisconsin this coming Wednesday, should be the first of many captivating and inspiring campaign events this summer and fall, leading up to the 2016 presidential general election.

In announcing the visit, Clinton’s campaign said she and Obama will discuss “building on the progress we’ve made and their vision for an America that is stronger together.”

Are you a robot?

If not, how much does it pay, this shilling for Hillary?

5 Likes

Wow, that is low. Has khepra considered joining the 50 Cent Party?

######Or maybe the Kiss Army?

6 Likes

AstroTurf spam on a national level, that’s new.

1 Like

They’ve been learning from Putin.

2 Likes

Not exactly new:

7 Likes