Why we should pity, not hate, Donald Trump

Yep… she single handed wrecked that country… Yep, she sure did.

14 Likes

Give me a break. Neither of them murdered anybody. If you want to be a Republican fine – have at it. But saying they murdered people is just ridiculous. And you need to come up with better reasons to oppose them – not for me or anyone else reading this, but for yourself. You’ve made it too easy for yourself if you just go by “I don’t like them because they are murderers.”

19 Likes

We get it, you voted Trump because of “emails” and “Benghazi”, you don’t have to bump old threads to tell us that.

16 Likes

Nope.

My shrink has told me over and over again that hate harms you even more than it does the other person but I also am unwilling to subscribe to the idea of “love thy enemy.”

This guy is a jizzbucket and I can’t love or pity him. I wish nothing but calamity to him and his people.

I’m ok with this.

Yes.

I̝͓̳̭̬̺̯͈ͅ ̣̳̩͚͙͉̭̹ͅa̧̙͈͕͔͙͙̟͍m͖͇̗̳̘͉̬̪̭ ̧̗͎̦̣̜͔̱͇o̜͚̤̭̯͙͖̠͜k͔̙̯̳͖̝̩͍ͅ ̫̺̠̙̹̼̗ͅͅw̧̡͎̱̼̮̗̦̣ị̡̫̺̠͈̜̬̺t̻̳̮̰̻̝̼͍ͅh̡̬͈͎̮̯͖͙̮ ̼̟͚̠̪̬̬̬̳t̬͖̣͖͔̟̝̼̣h͉͚̼̼͙͈͜͜͜i̟̣̱̫̳̳̬ͅͅş̡̝͍͚̟̥̘̟.̨̦̙͎̖͖̩͍̜

7 Likes

I only sidestepped because you did so first. I asked you about Gollum, and you started talking about sharks. You associate sharks with “merciless killers.” I associate them with the wrongs inflicted upon them by humanity.

(I could go into a whole diversion about the “merciless killer” thing being either implicit in the definition of “carnivore” if you’re talking about animals being killed, or grossly exaggerated if you’re talking about humans, but I’ll leave it at that)

No, but if you’d read the article in the OP, you’d find that the life that he’s living is not a happy one. The sharks that have been finned may be merciless killers, but that doesn’t mean we can’t feel empathy for them when they’re in pain.

You keep bringing up “lack of empathy” as a bad thing, but you seem to almost treat it as a virtue when you’re talking about your own lack of pity for him.

There is no excuse for what he did. What he did is horrible, and we should put measures into place so that it doesn’t happen to anyone else. But that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t treat him with basic human decency, including empathy, and, if the person is in pain (like this article suggests narcissists tend to be), pity.

Since @Skeptic doesn’t seem to want to answer the question:

3 Likes

I’m willing to admit I’m coming from a POV with a lack of understanding which brings with it a lack of empathy. Maybe in the future I can change my perspective.

1 Like

Do you think that underneath his mean and callous, heartless exterior, he just wants to be loved, is that it?

2 Likes

Have you RTFA?

@Skeptic has a good point. Remember that Trump spent a truckload of money to take out full page ads encouraging the execution of five innocent black young men. The ads ran in every paper in the area, ensuring that no jury would not be exposed to Trump’s opinion. The innocent young men were falsely convicted and spent years in prison, until they were finally freed by DNA evidence.

6 Likes

IDFR.

1 Like

Then RTFA or GTFO, or I’ll start SPISPOPD.

1 Like

Fine . . . I oppose them because they believe in a strong central government . . . one that takes power from the states. Democrats want to make the states irrelevant so that Washington has more control over the people. One size does not fit all. I realize that there are murderers on both sides, look at George Bush, for crying out loud. I am not a Republican, I’m an Independent. Both the democrat and republican parties have been taken over. Practically all of them are murderers and war-mongers.

As I’ve said before: the best punishment for Trump would be for him to wake up one day and realize what an awful human being he has been his whole life.

Like you, I don’t love or pity him one bit. But I do wish him redemption. I don’t hope for it, just wish it.

6 Likes

You assume that having empathy means I need specifically to pity Trump. I disagree with that contention.

You are making an assertion that “human decency” means we need to pity Trump specifically. I disagree. Treating Trump with “human decency” does not entail “pity”.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t Sauron be a better fit than Gollum? I mean, Gollum was an annoying dick, but other than a little bit of fratricide and murder, he never sought dominion over all the other races and just wanted to be left with his precious.

Me. <-----

------>The point.
6 Likes

Well I wouldn’t kill Trump, but I wouldn’t be terribly sorry if he fell into the Cracks of Doom.

5 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, tRump could spend the rest of his life sincerely apologizing and working to fix all that he’s broken so far, and I’m not sure I’d care. He’s dead to me, except he’s also going to be the president.

4 Likes

7 Likes

We all know how that worked out… Vogons… Well, Jeltz is supposed to be the model of his species, but there are individuals who have some imagination. I think in that Eoin Colfer book.

3 Likes

I don’t pity Donald Trump, but I do pity everyone who voted for him.

3 Likes