Why we should pity, not hate, Donald Trump

My reaction, should I someday read breaking-news confirmation that Donald Trump has died:

So what type of feeling is that?
9 Likes

Narcissism isn’t narcissistic personality disorder, which Trump ticks all the boxes for and Hillary doesn’t.

Also look at histrionic personality disorder, which Trump’s behaviour also fits into.

I wouldn’t have a problem with any of this if Trump recognised his behaviour and tried to change it, but there’s little chance of that happening.

Yes, I know, don’t armchair diagnose. It doesn’t change that Trumps behaviour suggests that the only reason he isn’t a murderer or warmonger is because he hasn’t had the opportunity yet.

13 Likes

Can we ask @Death to swap him for Kenny Baker? or Ken Barrie? or Caroline Aherne? or Victoria Wood? or…

11 Likes

AMEN. I wish them the best, but nope, not from me.

3 Likes

My go-to response when I hear about the deaths of people like that is “He doubtlessly exhibited many positive qualities at some point in his life, and it is tragic that I never got to see any of them.”

13 Likes

I ғɪx ᴀʟʟ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍs, ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ. Yᴏᴜ’ʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀɴᴀɢᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛɪᴍᴇ.

26 Likes
3 Likes

###Way to be no help at all, Dᴇᴀᴛʜ.

13 Likes

I think what most of us here are saying is: Pity is too good for trump. If he thinks he should be pitied let him pay someone to pity him. Money’s his only measure of value anyway.

4 Likes

Usᴜᴀʟʟʏ, ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴅᴏɴ’ᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ɪɴɪᴛɪᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ.

17 Likes

There are always exceptions.

Also, you seem to have missed a few letters…

3 Likes

Dude! I love your album.

5 Likes

@Death really is into music.

I hear they haven’t got the complete Beatles yet though.

10 Likes

Bᴇғᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀsᴋ, I’ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ sᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ Pᴀᴜʟ.

6 Likes

Technically, you are correct. Sorry about that. That was not a good example. Perhaps a better example was what she did to Libya. She ruined that country and doesn’t take any blame for it. In fact, she even boasted and laughed about killing a democratically elected leader. She has not gotten in any trouble for that (as well as the bombing of Libya’s Great Man Made River and the African Central Bank in Benghazi). She thinks she should be thanked for what she has done! Now, that’s narcissism.

Nope he has a face. And he’s a very human monster, but one who lacks one of the most important human qualities, empathy.

And I think he’s not just a narcissist. I think he’s a sociopath. And that is not curable, and defiantly not pitiable.

4 Likes

If someone is broken in a way that can’t be fixed, why shouldn’t you pity them?

I can see hating someone who can become a better person and chooses not to, but if someone is that broken, past the point of no return, it almost ceases to be their fault.

To go back to my analogy, do you think that Gollum (if he were real) would be more worthy of pity than Trump? If so, why?

If not, do you disagree with Tolkien that it was better for Frodo and Bilbo to pity Gollum, rather than hate him?

1 Like

I don’t pity sharks, either. They are what they are. (Well, and I’d prefer an actual shark for president.)

I’ll save my pitty for people who get hurt, not for the people who hurt them for fun.

2 Likes

I do.

Every year tens of millions of sharks die a slow death because of finning. Finning is the inhumane practice of hacking off the shark’s fins and throwing its still living body back into the sea. The sharks either starve to death, are eaten alive by other fish, or drown (if they are not in constant movement their gills cannot extract oxygen from the water).

That sounds like a particularly horrible way to die.

Is there something limiting your supply?

4 Likes

I think you’ve done a little side step there. Has trump been foully maimed and killed? I think not. My statement about having no pity for sharks was in the context of having no pity for them for being what they are, merciless killers. Likewise, I have no pity for Trump being what I think he is, a sociopath with no apparent empathy who lives in a gilt palace on bought at the expense of ripped off investors and workers.

1 Like