Why we should pity, not hate, Donald Trump

It doesn’t make you a terrible person; it makes you a human person, just like the people who are okay with hating Hillary.

5 Likes

1 Like

Come to think of it, it’s kinda empowering to find yourself having pity for a millionaire.

IMO it’s pretty easy too; he’s so fucking stupid. He doesn’t have a clue what a transparent blowhard he is.

More deserving of pity of course, are the millions(!) who can’t see what a transparent blowhard he is, and are so goddamn clueless they always vote against their own interests…

11 Likes

5 Likes

Why are you not criticizing Obama and Hillary Clinton as narcissists also? All three of them are. Obama proved it when he said he could pass laws with a pen and a phone (he didn’t have to go to the trouble of going through congress and all that constitutional stuff). Hillary certainly has proven it, the most recent proof is her skating by the FBI even though Comey said she was guilty and lied about everything. He was certainly threatened. The Clintons are the new mafia. Clinton probably just had to remind Comey about Vince Foster, Ron Brown, John Ashe, etc. Now there’s Seth Rich, Shawn Lucas, and Victor Thorn. Sure, Trump is a narcissist, but he’s not a murderer or a war-monger (like both Obama and Clinton).

Ponder the fact that Trump wants to do whatever Obama and Clinton do well, better.

6 Likes

If Hillary is actually scaring Comey, I’m not sure that’s a bad thing. It’s not like he’s been honest with Congress or acted in the public interest so far. Maybe it’s time he’s scared enough of his boss to shape up.

4 Likes

Welcome to Boing Boing.

17 Likes

Either you’re using a different definition of narcissism, or you skipped a couple of steps in that train of thought.

12 Likes

Um. He said she was innocent, didn’t lie, and was cleared of all charges.

Did you read something else?

9 Likes

19 Likes

Why don’t you start a thread for that if you feel life is so unfair?

7 Likes

Derailed, hit a wall, all passengers are dead.

6 Likes

Yes, that’s called an Executive Order. Every president has made them. Reagan made 381 of them, Bush made 291, and FDR made a whopping 3500. They don’t have the strength or power of a law issued by Congress, and can be easily undone by incoming Presidents, so they aren’t used very often. Obama’s only issued 235 of them to date, less than his predecessors.

15 Likes

But it’s different when Obummer does it cause he’s… a cryto-marxist-muslim (ie, he’s black)!

13 Likes

Pity Trump? Hate Trump?

Maybe we could just split the difference and settle on “horrified disgust.”

11 Likes

I assume the truly correct answer is: why not both?

14 Likes

You can dislike and pity him and think that the world would be better off without his ever having existed?!

1 Like

Why we should pity, not hate, Donald Trump

I’m good with hate.

1 Like

“I’ve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure.”

― Mark Twain

15 Likes