Why won't the big news outlets call Trump's racist tweets racist?

So, for the sake of information, Rush Limbaugh was reassuring his listeners today that Trump knows exactly what he’s doing. He’s read the polls that say AOC is polling low among independent swing voters, and Omar is polling even lower. Trump is going to do everything he can to persuade them that they are the faces and the standard bearers of the Democrat party, and he’s trying to delegitimize them. And this is just the first salvo.

1 Like

Believe me I was being very very kind to him.

Occasionally I try not to come off like a man incensed with hatred for him because he certainly earns it enough.

I pretty much agree with you completely. For the record I am a large man and have always been so unfortunately and I am extremely nerdy even among nerds and I am proud of it. That attitude and constantly having been abused by bullies as a kid in school (president of Japanese club doesn’t get you any dates or any friends among jocks), left me in a position where I never had a choice but to confront bullies constantly, and people who abuse their authority constantly.

I try not to be vulgar though I swear a lot, however I take no shit from anyone. Not bullies, not abusive police, not abusive bosses or coworkers.

I guess I’m just one of those people who calls out bullshit for the most part fearlessly, no matter who is causing it, it hasn’t made my life easy believe me. But it’s what I believe in and what I believe at least somebody has to be willing to do or the rest of us will suffer for it.

1 Like

Too good not to share.

8 Likes

What the fuck is wrong with them?

3 Likes

How? Walker had both state houses (temporarily) on his side. The GOP can’t do the same without the House.

And also just hedging their bets. The Times has always done this. Look how they coddled Judith Miller until she was actually called out by every tom, dick, and harry on the planet.

1 Like

Racist piggies abound.

One evening in October
When I was far from sober
And carrying a load with manly pride
I began to slip and stutter
So I lay down in the gutter
And a pig strolled up and lay right by my side

I warbled, “It’s fair weather
When good fellows get together!”
But a Christian passing by was heard to say,
“You can tell a man who boozes
By the company he chooses”.
Then the pig got up and slowly walked away.

The pigs haven’t left yet.

2 Likes

This article from The Guardian gives a good perspective, essentially saying that while Trump’s racism is nothing new, being dog-whistle racist in 2016 worked so well that he’s going full-bore racist in 2020 – they call 2020 a referendum on racism. It’s going to be crystal clear: if you support Trump, you will be supporting open racism.

10 Likes

But what if they back Pelosi into a corner and it’s either impeach or make Trump president for life?

3 Likes

It’s impeach, then. Obviously. Despite what a lot of online lefties seem to think, Pelosi is neither an idiot nor a villainess.

2 Likes

She is a smart person and in no possible way a villain.
Unfortunately, she’s also a coward.

5 Likes

I’m not totally sold on that.* I think it takes willful blindness or financial interest to buy into the politics of establishment Democrats.

* I definitely think Pelosi is smart. Smart people often use their intelligence to create elaborate justifications for very stupid things, though.

10 Likes

How exactly would they do that? I just don’t see how that set of options would reach her desk in isolation.

And frankly, she’s probably about this -><- close to pulling the trigger on impeachment after the drunk, racist uncle tweets this week. The timing is right. Now she can force GOP senators to vote for or against the racist criminal, and it can be positioned that way clearly for every voter for whom racism is a bug, not a feature.

1 Like

It should be noted that among the articles of impeachment successfully levied against Andrew Johnson, two of them were:

1. Making three speeches with intent to “attempt to bring into disgrace, ridicule, hatred, contempt and reproach, the Congress of the United States”.
2. Bringing disgrace and ridicule to the presidency by his aforementioned words and actions.

5 Likes

Yeah, I hear what you’re saying, but…how? Well, shit. If you wanna dig out the old “how” question, let’s just meditate for a second that somehow Cheeto became president.

1 Like

No, but she is a consummate triangulator. She won’t move on Orange Julius Ceasar until Mitch is gone or she thinks she has the votes in the Senate, no matter how loudly she is harangued by the left.

So, cheating then? Yeah, cheating.

Rigged system, of course, with nice doses of voter suppression and Russian interference. Putin’s puppy, like deserter Dubya and gerrymandered legislators, lost the vote but won the game. The question: Why is the US installing losers?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.