Wi-Fi Range Extender with touch screen

That’s YOU. That’s not everyone. It’s not even 1% of everyone. Geez.

Directly, yes. Indirectly, everybody who asks said 1% for help - which is a much higher percentage, judging from the queue lengths.

Asking the 1% (i.e., the experts) for help, is just another example of Division of Labor. Glad you’ve come around to my viewpoint.

If you reread my original argument, you won’t find that I’d insist on everybody doing the assembly and software writing themselves. What I want is well-defined, well-documented hardware/software that can be examined before purchase, and that can be modified post-purchase (or repaired at need) by anyone who wants. Such capability more often than not does not require much extra on the side of the manufacturer. It also does not compromise anything of the consumer-grade capabilities of the devices.

It just makes everything easier for the 1% of those capable to repair/mod the stuff (and by extension to everybody else around them), instead of the access being limited to the 0.001% working in authorized services - if there are any for a given class of gadgets at all.

The division of labor should be voluntary, not enforced by lack of access to knowledge or spare parts.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.