Wife number two, junk car supplier, computer chuckles, and other fantastic screengrabs from 1980s TV news

Originally published at: Wife number two, junk car supplier, computer chuckles, and other fantastic screengrabs from 1980s TV news | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Coming up at 11, Eyewitless News…

3 Likes

tumblr_m7of1i6MEm1qhv7a4o1_500

12 Likes

One of the things I miss about crappy tabloids like Weekly World News and The Sun was that for a lot of their garbage articles the photos (with captions) were great out of context. Decades ago I was saving them but at some point I lost the half-assed scrapbook I put them in.

Example: photo of a woman with boxing gloves, caption reads “Sharon may seem like an average housewife, but she’s a monster in the ring.”

4 Likes

I like that the Pizza Thief is now a labor organizer and a VP in the Teamsters.

https://twitter.com/gkumpa

2 Likes

I was watching local news once in a semi-rural area, and they were covering a fair. One farmer they interviewed had come in to sort his manure for the season. The caption under him read “Bags o’ Poo.” I laughed so hard I think my family was actually worried about my welfare.

2 Likes

Congratulate myself on a job well done and make some recommendations, while asking them for some more recent punk groups I may have missed. (Ok, so my kids are purely hypothetical, but I feel quite safe saying this)

3 Likes

1 Like

Punk panic!!!

punk rock vintage GIF

3 Likes

geek-funny-funny-picture-kids-6922148

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.