Wikileaks: a "state party" has cut off Julian Assange's primary internet access

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/17/wikileaks-a-state-party-h.html

2 Likes

It’s probably just his router… Power-cycle that puppy and you’re back in business!

33 Likes

If that doesn’t work, Roy has an alternative suggestion!

34 Likes

My favorite part of the overwrought mania in response was the rumor circulating that Pamela Anderson had murdered Assange:

27 Likes

opposition to single-payer healthcare

the leaks show that she supports single-payer healthcare though:

*Clinton Said Single-Payer Health Care Systems “Can Get Costs Down,” And “Is As Good Or Better On Primary Care,” But “They Do Impose Things Like Waiting Times.” *“If you look at countries that are comparable, like Switzerland or Germany, for example, they have mixed systems. They don’t have just a single-payer system, but they have very clear controls over budgeting and accountability. If you look at the single-payer systems, like Scandinavia, Canada, and elsewhere, they can get costs down because, you know, although their care, according to statistics, overall is as good or better on primary care, in particular, they do impose things like waiting times, you know. It takes longer to get like a hip replacement than it might take here.” [Hillary Clinton remarks to ECGR Grand Rapids, 6/17/13]

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/927

10 Likes

unplugs router

My Internet connection has been intentionally severed!
Its a conspiracy to silence me!

10 Likes

Maybe Assange was trying to rape his router and it fled the scene.

6 Likes

Couldn’t the Russians across the street just pick up his signal and send it on its way?

12 Likes

For the record, the DHS explicitly confirmed Russian hackers are behind the Wikileaks docs:

9 Likes

Am I the only one who cringed at the line[quote=“doctorow, post:1, topic:87576”]
(Assange is stuck in the Ecuadoran embassy in London)
[/quote]
I mean “stuck” is like what happens when my car is in mud. Or when I use glue, or something.
“Stuck” is not the word I’d use for a man that’s been dodging rape charges while cowering in an embassy.
Just saying.

30 Likes

Well ricin is 100% vegan!

16 Likes

I always try to make sure that my arsenic is fair trade & organically produced…

7 Likes

Uh… those stolen e-mails don’t count, then.

Remember, God Himself has decreed that Wikileaks cannot EVER

• come into possession of genuinely private information
  • reveal anything that literally everyone in the world does not genuinely have a right to know
  • be used as a tool of informational warfare between nations
  • be used as a tool for disinformation or propaganda by any nation
  • be infiltrated in any way by state-supported intelligence agents
  • do anything with a negative consequence, or
  • fail; it can only be failed.

And before anyone starts talking about Podesta’s risotto recipe and how this could possibly be relevant, I tried it, and it was shit. This is a man who’d have the ear of the next President. He could force our schools to serve that shitty risotto in their lunches.

12 Likes

How is that a “confirmation” - DHS has asserted that Russian hackers are behind the leaks, but only the Russian hackers themselves (or authorized parties) could explicitly confirm it.

10 Likes

I’m more partial to cyanide. Of course, only from artisinally prepared, fair trade, gluten free, responsibly harvested, and organic wild almonds. I’m not a monster, after all.

7 Likes

How’s he meant to find out if someone’s considering taking their dick out for Harambe in real time? State party-poopers more like.

I was mirroring Corey’s language, but, yeah, DHS has stated they’re confident that Russia’s behind the Wikileaks - it’s not just the media inferring it from other claims. Technically the article has things backwards - the DHS was more cagey about the Russian cyber attacks with, “However, we are not now in a position to attribute this activity to the Russian Government”, than the doc leaks which they’re confident originate with the Russian Gov’t.

5 Likes

I assume schools would not be allowed to have wine in the ingredients for a risotto, so if it gets served the menu should have it in quotes or use the suffix ‘-esque’…

2 Likes

We have activated the appropriate contingency plans."

7 Likes

Another one.LOL

2 Likes