Wild crow befriends a baby (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/24/wild-crow-befriends-a-baby-video.html

8 Likes

Contributed by Popkin!

Russel the Crow to baby Otto…

Gladiator GIF

9 Likes

Never thought I’d be jealous of a baby! I’ve always dreamed of having a corvid friend. What a sweet and playful bird.

9 Likes

You got to give them gifts to make friends… or rather…

[ETA]

8 Likes

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

8 Likes

Schitts Creek Darkness GIF by CBC

(I wish they had made the entire movie…)

6 Likes

When I first moved to NY I lived with a couple who raised numerous birds like ducks, geese and pheasants and were amateur bird rehabilitators (under the supervision and direction of pros, of course). When a non-endangered or protected bird fledgling was found they would raise it up and release it in their magical mini-farm to live as neighbors. The first day I arrived, they took me out onto the porch and put a peanut in my hand. Moments later a bluejay named Cooper fluttered down and landed on my hand to eat. It was, hands down, one of the most magical experiences of my life. All that summer Cooper would come visit, but that autumn he took a mate and had a clutch. He still lived in the tree right outside my window, but once he had a family he would rarely come to the porch except to collect food from the tray we would leave out for him.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.