Will the person who threw a gun into the Erie Canal 10-20 years ago come pick it up?

3 Likes

I wonder if that could be restored back to usable condition?

1 Like

There’s prob a YouTube channel for restoring discarded murder weapons.

11 Likes

Could it be used forensically at all other than possibly finding numbers?

ETA: seems like this isn’t all that unusual: Using a magnet, brothers fish more than 20 guns out of Georgia river

6 Likes

How often do people accidentally drop a handgun into a waterway? That seems like an odd happenstance. Seems much more likely a handgun would end up in a random waterway after the commission of a serious crime.

I’d think the people most interested in a gun found like that would be the police, or perhaps the FBI.

3 Likes

The article doesn’t provide a number I can call to get my gat back. :frowning:

4 Likes

What an eerie find…

Sorry, I’ll show myself out.

4 Likes
5 Likes

By my Google-fu the US has a population of 328 million people, 32% who claim to own guns, who between them own 393 million guns.

By my math-fu, that’s 3.75 guns per gun owner.

With people trying to carry almost four guns each it’s surprising the US isn’t covered dropped guns.

/S

EDIT. Having watched the video @jerwin posted above, apparently it is…

6 Likes

That’s infuckingsane! Oh look a stapler, second one of the day, in the middle of guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, guns, and… more fucking guns.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.