Will your Purification Grave be ready by Halloween?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/15/will-your-purification-grave-b.html

1 Like

Psst… someone tell them that dirt goes on top too, not just the sides and bottom.

1 Like

“Students and staff are welcome to spend time in the grave during office hours and to reflect on their lives, their choices, their questions and doubts.”

New for 2019 is the “student debt shovel”, which, when combined with the Purification Grave, will properly simulate the sensation of being hopelessly buried by a student loan.

10 Likes

Unlike the US, I believe that the Netherlands is a developed country, which values affordable education of its citizens. Source: US Citizen who went to US schools.

14 Likes

Ah, my mistake then.

3 Likes

Students and staff are welcome to spend time in the grave during office hours and to reflect on their lives, their choices, their questions and doubts.

I believe I could do this more comfortably in an armchair with a bottle of liquor or a marijuana cigarette.

12 Likes

Jesus kee-rist, I do that already nearly 24/7-- sitting on the toilet, riding the train, staring at the walls, looking out of my lonely room day after day. . . .

Does the dirt make it so I come up with a better answer than “you done f%&ked up kid.”

7 Likes

The writeup makes it sound like the most pretentious way to sit in a hole in the ground.

8 Likes

Recommended listening while lying down there:

2 Likes

Uhhhh… OSHA! Trench plates, cave-ins, buried alive. That stuff is real, and every year people dig similar holes without the correct precautions and die from cave-ins.

7 Likes

I’ve misread the headline as:

Will your Putrefaction Grave be ready by Halloween?

and thought that this is probably some new Halloween fad.

3 Likes

This exactly. You don’t even have to be completely covered. If there is enough weight compressing your chest, with every breath your lungs will be able to move less and less, even if your head is out of the cave-in. If a trench is over four feet deep, it needs to be banked or shored up in some way.

Laying in a fake grave can certainly lead to laying in a real one.

Just watched the video, not only is there no support for the sides of the grave, the dirt was piled right on the sides of the excavation, putting more weight and strain on the edges of the grave. Be safe this Halloween.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.