“Windowless bunker”: Reviews are in for Disney’s $5,000 Star Wars hotel

The prequels literally don’t exist for me (haven’t seen them), but it was the defining aesthetic of the original films, anyways. Even the Imperial ships had their trash compactors…

3 Likes

… through the gift shop.

5 Likes

Does that mean that you’re ok with fancy dining rooms as long as there’s some Ugnaughts in a back room somewhere doing the waste management?

(And you just know that the Imagineers were taking a super close look at that spread of food that Vader thoughtfully laid out for inspiration when doing the hotel menu. Looks like plenty of fried food there. Maybe plantains?)

5 Likes

The placesettings were nice but you know that Vader just ran out for some Kentucky Fried Porg at the last minute so he wouldn’t have to cook.

3 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

7 Likes

Maybe they can earn college credit?

6 Likes

Every entry in the hotel registry: A. Nother Sucker.

1 Like

This is the way

1 Like

As a sovereign citizen I feel the law of gravity should not apply to me!

1 Like

THAT’s what’s been bugging me about this whole thing, thanks for helping me finally make sense of it. Sure it’s expensive and cramped and exploitative and everything else, but the real problem with the whole endeavor is

Who in their right mind wants to spend more than ZERO GODDAMN MINUTES doing dinner theater?

2 Likes

7 Likes

Great… now I need to see a picture of Larry Hagman swinging a lightsaber in front of someone eating a plate of chicken porg alfredo.

3 Likes

An excellent simulator for people who want to take that super cool trip to Mars and live there.

2 Likes

“Suburban junior high school built in the mid-1970s” is how I’d describe the whole Star Wars aesthetic! And I say that as a life long fan.
This hotel looks like it was designed by Star Trek fans.

3 Likes

3 Likes

This is exactly my thought. The lack of windows showing the real world outside is exactly the point.

You go to an “immersive experience” like to this to get away from the real world, not to look at it out your window

1 Like

“windowless bunker” sounds pretty good right now

8 Likes

You’ll still need a tray.

5 Likes

They should have a theme room of the trash compactor scene.

2 Likes

Or if there is a recession, or other reason Disney decides to cut costs and they have half the number of cast members trying to pull this off. Right now the imagineers are in charge. Once the money people take over, the experience is likely go downhill.

3 Likes