Witchy woman on the cover of Black Sabbath's eponymous first album finally identified

But not the other ones, though. Best not to retain those. :wink:

3 Likes

That one’s long been known:

6 Likes

I think that teenage lads are capable of pouring over pretty much anything with a woman on it. I mean, this ain’t no Grattan’s Catalogue lingerie section, but it is a photo of a woman in a cloak.

7 Likes

No, but my love is.

3 Likes

I was thinking Keith “Keef” Knight (from K Chronicles).

1 Like

Lolwut?

1 Like

I’m General Jack Ripper, and I approve this message.

7 Likes

An image that became iconic because the album was so monumental-- I don’t think the photo is that great, though I do like the graininess and color shift. I think “Paranoid” has an even worse cover image. I saw some artist’s reinterpretation of the “Paranoid” cover some years ago I thought was better:

sabbath

[ETA, apparently designed by Rafael Melandi]

1 Like

We are ugly bags of mostly water.

4 Likes

tng-picard-what-no

6 Likes

Negative. I am a meat popsicle. - Imgur

13 Likes

Coincidentally Mapledurham is where much of the Eagle Has Landed was filmed, I visited the set from school after shooting had finished but the sets were still there. The watermill featured heavily (but was actually fake to avoid damaging the original).

Talking of unnecessary stimulation for teen boys Jenny Agutter appeared in that film.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to learning the identity of the “smell the glove” model.

ezgif.com-add-text (3)

3 Likes

One of my favorite lines.

3 Likes

Well, it sounds like by then you were pretty much done for, but you could have countered with Good Times, Bad Times, screaming along with Robert, “In the days of my youth…” on your way to your chair in the corner.

3 Likes

My favourite London occult/psych rock bar Helgi’s got a nice window-painting of this cover to mark the anniversary :slight_smile:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8mPPjvncMr/

8 Likes

there’s enough you have a favorite? i was going to the wrong pubs when hosteling…

2 Likes

Me too. Now I see that it obviously isn’t.
OR MAYBE I’m from a different timeline in which it was Ozzy on the cover.

2 Likes

Well, they seem to have shared a hairdresser and a wardrobe…