With $35k in surgery, man turns self into elf

Eye color can also be changed with a laser from what i had read last year (i think). It’s usually best with someone with brown eyes, as it’s easy to pulse a laser at the iris and change the structure to bring out blue or green. Though i don’t know if this is a technique that is already in practice.

1 Like

You and I can no longer be friends.

:grinning:

7 Likes

Breaking bones to lengthen limbs, removing healthy ribs … if that’s okay, what’s the big deal about some work between the legs? This dividing line obviously isn’t based on medical safety and ethics, and if it’s supposed to be a mental health screen, we should apply it to some people’s life-changing tattoos too.

8 Likes

What I was going to say. Does anyone have any idea where this ends, what body mods are over the line? In the early 80’s Gibson’s Panther Moderns were startling, but now they seem around the corner.

His face was a simple graft grown on collagen and shark-cartilage polysaccharides, smooth and hideous. It was one of the nastiest pieces of elective surgery Case had ever seen. When Angelo smiled, revealing the razor-sharp canines of some large animal, Case was actually relieved. Tooth bud transplants. He’d seen that before.

“You can’t let the little pricks generation-gap you,” Molly said.

10 Likes

Clearly, he hasn’t really thought this all the way through. At some point, he will be inexorably drawn to the coast, then to sail westward (unto New Zealand, I suppose).

1 Like

That or a dead elf, depending on longevity.

Gaaah, he’s stiil the best at that style isn’t he?

3 Likes

Gender reassignment is a much larger issue than just deciding your legs aren’t long enough. You’re entering into a lengthy program of using a combination of hormones, therapy, and surgery to permanently change genders. And for any insurance to cover any part of it, it needs to be seen as not just cosmetic surgery but as something necessary for your well-being as a person. That’s why you can’t just go to a plastic surgeon for an AddADickToMe.

2 Likes

Is he a Dragonlance elf?

2 Likes

Shadowrun?

2 Likes

That’s Sméagol, age-progressed to how he would have looked if he murdered his best friend, but didn’t have the One Ring to keep him alive forever.

4 Likes

Um, the Leatherman – it’s not … they don’t … do they?

9 Likes

I’ve found the scissors on the WAVE to be quite precise, I’ll bet it would work in a pinch! But it’s probalby really just to reassure them that they’re still men.

5 Likes

I thought that was this guy:

6 Likes

@Beschizza Beschizzle, you’re not fat. You’re just not High Elf material.
Kili + Tauriel = you feel me?

14 Likes

Tell me about it. I’m still lying around with my leg up in the air months after getting a bunch of hardware installed in my badly broken ankle. The thought of volunteering, not to mention paying huge sums of money, to go through multiple courses of that purgatory is seriously disturbing to me, no joke.

3 Likes

$35k just to remove one ‘S’?

I’ll do it for much less.

Then Again…

8 Likes

I didn’t mean to imply that gender reassignment wasn’t a major decision or process. I’m just wondering at the medical ethics of removing four ribs and increasing his height to 6’5", which will probably cause problems down the road, without a similar screening process.

I think the key word in your post that makes the difference is insurance, and we’re really talking about money.

2 Likes

As he gets older, he could go for that Todd look.

3 Likes

He’s a Racist Elf. Different species.