N-word returns to British television

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/21/n-word-returns-to-british-tele.html

It took me a moment to realize this post isn’t about an actual robotic Realdoll.

32 Likes

I didn’t think there were any of those guys left—didn’t the Skeksis wipe them all out to drain them of their living essence?

19 Likes

I’m less concerned that this weirdo used a bigoted slur than I am that he actually paid to look like that.

You just insulted gelflings everywhere.

27 Likes

Cautionary tale against fixiing it 'till it’s broke…and then keeping on fixing it 'till it’s more broke.

There are definitely some good reasons people get plastic surgery, but these people who get addicted to it…surely this runs afoul of the Hippocratic Oath for the enabling (and doubtless very rich) surgeons.

10 Likes

I thought it was a video game like the Sims or something…

7 Likes

26 Likes

Wait, why does the bottoms of his hands have pigment?

4 Likes

I honestly thought it was a robot run by a bot a la Micrsoft’s misadventures with Tay.

7 Likes

I had this weird sensation of what maybe an alien might think when viewing human media for the first time-- it took a second reading to understand what it meant.

4 Likes

The weird thing is I saw this dude’s face in my news feed earlier this week, and I really did think that it was a pic of some uncanny valley robot, rather than a real human being.

I don’t know if it violates the Hippocratic Oath, but I know it’s morally unethical to keep taking money from people who will never be satisfied with how they look.

I actually pity this dude when he gets old; the aging process will not be kind to him.

Even the Sims look more realistic than that, these days…

11 Likes

“He didn’t mean it like that” nonexcuse in 5…4…3…

Maybe he just performed some kind of sexual act on another bigoted Reality TV star and the orange just rubbed off.

7 Likes

tenor

28 Likes

I had to read the original post 3 times before I could unpack what was there. First 2 reads I thought they had some sort of AI robot on a reality TV show that out of the blue used the n-word. Which was sort of interesting. How did that word get into int’s vocabulary? Who would pay the fine (if there is a fine)? But this is just a story about another racist doing what they do. Good to shine the light on it I guess.

5 Likes

I’m just sort of staring at the screen at the realization that when I write “abandoned Karl Largerfeld Realdoll prototype” most readers nowadays will casually just think “ah yes, an abandoned Karl Largerfeld Realdoll prototype” and carry on reading.

36 Likes

Pretty sure the aliens have turned around and are halfway back to Vega by now.

8 Likes

Well, to be fair, we live in some strange fucking times, Rob.

19 Likes

A little jerky movement, and he’d be a perfect guest villain on any Supermarionation show.

27 Likes

I just assume that everything you say has been passed down by angels.

7 Likes