N-word returns to British television

“May you live in interesting times.”

“Yeah, well may you live in 2018.”

“Hey, that’s uncalled for!”

23 Likes

TBH, I didn’t even blink.

8 Likes

I thought this was going to be an article about Thunderbirds coming back to the air, but I couldn’t figure out what the ‘n-word’ in the title was about - were they misspelling “narionette”?

6 Likes

I’ve been quoting that ancient Chinese curse for years now; man, what I wouldn’t give for some ‘boring times.’

16 Likes

I’ve heard that eating too many carrots will do that to a person.

1 Like

looks like self application of cheap branzer/self tanner.

Dudes orange. And the orange is weirdly lighter around his eyes and those parts of your hands that might not get covered as you paint yourself.

See it a lot it New Jersey.

4 Likes

They need to up his polygon count.

13 Likes

It rubs the lotion on its skin.

<— raises hand

Yeah, I hadn’t heard of this guy before, so I too was a bit confused at first.

5 Likes

Came for Supermarionation reference. Left happy.

3 Likes

Anybody know what he actually said, in context?

I mean, I hear that word pretty much every day, because I have a lot of daily interaction with black people (as in, just about 100% of the time I’m not completely alone) and while I usually don’t approve it depends on context.

2 Likes

@Melz2 Not a big fan of the body policing here… folks seem to have forgotten that it ain’t your body, and it don’t need to conform to your standards.

Folks with piercings, tattoos, trans-related surgeries, sex workers with breast augmentation, etc. we’ve all heard this many times before, and it stank like shit the first time.

4 Likes

Largerfeld always looks like hes about to ride a horse on a private estate in the Matrix. He is smart and always wears gloves, so he won’t get that spray tan on them.

1 Like

That’s a fair criticism. But it’s worth noting that plastic surgery addiction is real and I question the ethics of a doctor who is willing to enable it for profit as they can do real psychological harm to their patients.

10 Likes

I still have the right to go WTF??? when presented with someone like this or the later versions of Michael Jackson (or even Roy Cohn, for that matter). These people are (or were) addicted to a process that would never, EVER give them what they were seeking.

2 Likes

Yes, and I still have the right to go WTF when people proudly announce their ignorance of other’s most personal health values and choices as a justification for policing bodies. No one said you had to dig his style.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Pretty sure BBS has a policy about imputing psychological diagnoses to people who aren’t yourself.

1 Like

noel-fielding-laughing

13 Likes

What else would you call spending £500,000 on 51 plastic surgeries? Would you really not question the ethics of the doctor who performed that 51st surgery?

I agree that I and others were a little too flippant in our focusing on how he looks. But equating that level of surgery to gender reassignment is just an absurd equivalence.

5 Likes

And I’m “not a fan” of bigots, period.

Sorry, but if someone demonstrates they have no respect for others based solely on superficial attributes over which they have no control, then I have none for them; and I have no issue dragging such a person on their chosen superficial attributes.

9 Likes