Witnessing the construction of a traditional Finnish log house is strangely soothing

Here’s the modern version, from the same youtube channel:

2 Likes

I prefer scots pine tar. Mmm candy.

1 Like

So obligatory that it was already here.

We usually build it next to the summer cottage.

2 Likes

I don’t know, I have to Czech.

3 Likes

So,years ago, us work colleagues (rooming together until we could afford our own places in “so-affordable” SoCal) were sitting on the couch and watching an original series ST episode. I yelled out (and suggestively so, and beautifully timed) “Captain’s log!!” Reactions differed, but one did include “Thanks for ruining ST for me forever!!”

1 Like

I refuse to Dane to recognize that pun.

3 Likes

Neither will I. Norway, no how.

3 Likes

yes, a primary duty of Finnish forest rangers is to rescue metal bands who have gotten lost during album cover and music video shoots.

4 Likes

see also the Alone in the Wilderness series. it was a staple on the local PBS station during pledge week for some reason.

These country-based puns are very Bulgar. You should be physically punished - maybe I’ll Estonia. It’s making me Hungary for some Swede. I’ll Latvia know when I’m Finnished (bringing us back to where it started).

ETA Forgot to say … this video IS a wonderful thing. More like this, please. :wink:

2 Likes

This is pretty much the polar opposite of the previous build videos here.

Hard work has never bothered me, I can sit and watch people do it for hours.

1 Like

That’s a lot of filament.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.