Woke mind virus infects right-wing satire site

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/27/woke-mind-virus-infects-right-wing-satire-site.html

1 Like

Well, even if they’ve gone “woke” their “jokes” still aren’t very funny… :woman_shrugging:

21 Likes

They finally branched out into a second joke?

30 Likes

They’ll do anything for a buck.

11 Likes

Michelle Buteau Whatever GIF by NETFLIX

17 Likes

Godwin’s Second Law applies.

godwins_second_law

49 Likes

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

16 Likes

That this is the article that prompted the readers to turn on the publication is such a blunt-force example of their racism. Nothing subtle or nuanced about it, they’re just angry about a piece that mocked white supremacists.

15 Likes

Let’s spread the word there is a vaccine, just to watch them argue about refusing it.

24 Likes

I wonder if someone who works there and is like, “Hahaha, they’re joke. They’re all just jokes. Lighten up liberals!” is suddenly having a “Are we the baddies?” moment.

Baddie GIF by Giphy QA

Probably not.

13 Likes

Conservative “comedy” site finally finds a group to punch down on, discovers it’s their own fanbase. Film at 11.

18 Likes

Right wing satire isn’t funny in the same way that jokes about cancer aren’t funny.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve read much of their content but what I’ve seen I thought they were driving trollies right wingers. Then again a lot of what passes for right wing comedy is so bad I thought it was on purpose to make right wing people look dumb.

Edit: I’m changing nothing DING DING goes the trolley!

5 Likes

“satire”?

2 Likes

15 Likes

Disagree. I think that jokes about cancer CAN be funny, provided that they come from the POV of cancer patients and with an eye to discussing the experience of dealing with all it entails. Humor (even dark humor) can be a wonderful way to deal with real world pain… the problem with much “conservative” humor, is that it’s often just punching down and shitting all over people they detest for who they are. That’s not funny, that’s just being a bully.

20 Likes

Right-wing, fuckwit, two-brain-celled, sociopathic narcissists identify as civilised members of a modern democracy.

(I’m not doing this right, am I.)

2 Likes

Yeah, because they fundamentally haven’t changed their approach to “comedy,” apparently. They always go for the dumbest, most obvious version of a joke (or “joke”) that someone else told first.

1 Like

Well, no, they go for the meanest thing first, as I said. Punching down is funny to many conservative “comedians”…

2 Likes

Right, that’s their usual idea of “comedy” - but my point was that even in the absence of that, when they might actually be telling a joke rather than just punching down, they still go for the dumbest, most obvious version of a joke that someone else told first. Even when (finally) doing comedy, they still can’t manage to do comedy.

1 Like