Woman bitten while hand-feeding shark

YCFS. Just sayin’

How can you not, when the “victim” was more a “volunteer”…?

I am not sure what other resolution she expected. It sort of seems obvious to me.

She just wanted to be the shark’s chum.

26 Likes

A long while ago, I read about some guy who covered his baby daughter’s arms with honey for a bear to lick off. You can guess the outcome.

The original story doesn’t mention a sign, and given that she’s on a friend’s private boat there probably wasn’t one. But she’s actually quoted as saying this wasn’t a shark attack, it was a blonde doing a stupid thing. https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/sharks/perth-woman-suffers-freak-shark-bite-on-finger-during-kimberley-boat-trip-ng-b88882522z

Submitted her for an Honorable Mention, nevertheless!

2 Likes

Something can be unsurprising and shocking, you know. They aren’t exactly opposites, though I suppose a generation of bad Hollywood horror movies could lead you to think otherwise.

2 Likes

Urban myth

3 Likes

Worst. Petting. Zoo. Ever.

13 Likes

Nope. No, No, No. Hell No. That’s exactly the kind of attitude that loses you a full hand’s worth of fingers.

Related: A friend worked at a particle accelerator for years and told me all kinds of stories about how lax crew would get, especially those who didn’t bother to learn the ins-n-outs of nuclear physics. One guy simply passed his hand through the beam while trying to… do something or other. His hand blackened and became necrotic finger by finger until he was left with half a thumb. At least this is more efficient.

5 Likes

Yikes. Is the beam visible at all?

1 Like
4 Likes

I’m sharked!

SHARKED!

Well, not that sharked.

10 Likes

No, but they should never be in the control area at all. The point of this particular story was that, as extraordinary and intrinsically deadly the situation was, lax supervision and a general lack of vigilance leads to perfectly preventable accidents. Like getting dragged into the ocean by hand feeding a shark!

2 Likes

Wow, that guy is lucky. That’s one of those “if the nail was just a quarter inch further to the left…” situations.

2 Likes

Oh, but the world-wide “likes” and "Love the bathing suit ; ) " are WELL worth the shark bite.

ATTENTION PEOPLE! DO NOT FEED THE SHARKS BY HAND! Yes, this is a complete sentence.

1 Like

Why would anyone think this is a good idea? And why is it looped four times in a row? I get what happened the first time. Sheesh.

I expected at least one of the loops to be in slow motion, but after the third I figured it wasn’t going to happen and stopped watching.

that guy reads too many “enhanced interrogation” manuals.

damn snopes

1 Like