Woman bitten while hand-feeding shark

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/02/woman-bitten-while-hand-feedin.html

7 Likes

39 Likes

Feeding bits of meat to a carnivore with an appendage made of meat… what could go wrong?

I worked in a butcher shop for a few months, back before my current profession, and one of the scariest things to use was the bandsaw. Having your fingers inches from a blade that is cutting through a frozen pig foot like butter = finding another career.

28 Likes

I had this happen with a polar bear once. Rather unpleasant. The signs should have been larger.

9 Likes

Whoa! Wait! Sharks bite?! Who knew this thing?

C’mon. Turn around fella. There’s one right behind’ya…

To be fair, from what I hear most everything in Australia is looking to kill you.

12 Likes

To be fair, I don’t think they make signs that specific. Training a polar bear to feed sharks is cool but a really weird use of your time.

39 Likes

Was the shark’s name Charlie?

3 Likes

Sharkmeat is as shark meat does…

6 Likes

Don’t be a pussy. You’re getting paid by the ton you don’t have time for wimpy safety or common sense.

8 Likes

I don’t see what the problem is, feeding your hand to an animal is the very definition of “hand feeding.”

40 Likes

“Woman bitten while feeding hand to shark”

Fixed!

20 Likes

Dont bite the hand that feeds you.

Eat it!

5 Likes

Darwinism trying at it’s darnest.

7 Likes

mmmm, finger food.

Shark crudités!

12 Likes

“fingers on the hand, bone-in”

2 Likes

Holy shit, dude! How is that even remotely OSHA compliant?

2 Likes

My guess is OSHA doesn’t apply where this was filmed.

9 Likes

I can’t believe nobody’s said, “Lady Fingers”.

14 Likes

I know and agree with BB’s decision to forbid victim-blaming but there should be an explicit exception for stories like this.

9 Likes

She is feeding the shark digitally, in the interest of accuracy and expediency.

7 Likes