Woman calls police after Florida man vanishes during lunch date

Originally published at: Woman calls police after Florida man vanishes during lunch date - Boing Boing

2 Likes

I suspect that the husband might have cognitive problems, which would explain why she called the police. For example, he might not be able to use a cell phone, which is why she simply didn’t call him. If this is true, then she might need to use a tracker on him for safety. All guesswork since it isn’t in the report.

10 Likes

Or, after she looked for parking and finally found a spot, she may have gone into the wrong restaurant.

9 Likes

I can easily see this scenario happening with my mom. A few years ago I spent over an hour convinced she had wandered off into harm because I dropped her off without her phone and couldn’t find her when I went to spot I thought we were meeting. We were on opposite sides of a small building, but I didn’t see her, couldn’t just call her and went looking for her through the crowds. However it happened, it wasn’t fun for anyone.

9 Likes

Or maybe they just didn’t communicate with each other which restaurant they were actually going to eat at.

6 Likes

At least it wasn’t a dine-n-dash.

2 Likes

Two restaurants that are beside each other but with adjacent doors?

Two identically named stores nearby? Not that unheard of. Close to my house there are two distinct Matress Firm businesses across the road from each other.

The only reason there are two identical stores is because the third one closed and renamed itself American Mattress

11 Likes

Couldn’t she have just texted her husband “where you at”.

1 Like

I was totally expecting this was a blind date then the guy left and stiffed the lady with the bill.

10 Likes
7 Likes

Mattress Firm is such an inspired name for a firm which sells mattresses.

9 Likes

When I hear “Mattress Firm” I think of a two-word product review as written by Sloth from The Goonies.

6 Likes

Oh hey, I know that location! (One of my partners lived in Downers Grove until just a few years ago.) I’m pretty sure it’s not just a Chicago area thing, but driving around some parts of Chicago you’d start to think it’s a law that there has to be a Walgreens ever two blocks.

4 Likes

And nobody shot or tased.

1 Like

I mean, it’s no “Sofa King” but it’s not bad.

5 Likes

Not so inspired if they only sold firm mattresses and the business name was provided by Phil Hartmann as Frankenstein’s monster or someone like him. “Mattress. Firm.”

4 Likes

With a CVS on the opposite corner.

4 Likes

If the place is this one, there are two restaurants in nearby, almost identical buildings, both with palm trees outside.

It could be confusing…

4 Likes

I drove through a town last winter where there was a Walgreens directly across the street from another Walgreens. I think I have a picture somewhere.

4 Likes

I love the header image. If only there were mountains in Florida, I’d actually like going there.

3 Likes