Woman can rotate her foot 180 degrees in opposite direction

Originally published at: Woman can rotate her foot 180 degrees in opposite direction | Boing Boing

2 Likes

WTH, I can do this and I have seen people that can go further. I’m losing trust in Guinness.

edit: video of me doing it

4 Likes

Would you consider Bud Light then? I hear they’re looking for more drinkers…

2 Likes

Only if they give me a record.

1 Like

All they can spare is a can.

1 Like

I’d never actually thought to attempt this before, so I just tried. I could only get about 178 degrees of rotation. No record for me, I guess.

2 Likes

I lost all respect for them when I found out they no longer include the record for most push ups or sit ups while at the same time making up records for whoever the latest celebrity is.

Billy Eilish is “the youngest musician to write and record a James Bond theme song” great.

Westlife have the record for “most public appearances in 36 hours by a pop group”.

Nonsense they made up to sell books to kids.

2 Likes

Guinness aren’t involved anymore. Ripley’s Believe It or Not bought it.

1 Like

Can’t every ballet dancer do this? Third position or fifth position?

7 Likes

Isn’t this something that every ballet dancer in the world can do without effort? I used to be able to get pretty close, and I have zero dance or skating training at all.

2 Likes

I have somewhat hyperflexible joints, but I also have brittle bones, so while I might be able to do this, I’m going to pass on trying it. I can dislocate my thumbs at will. Is there a Guinness Record for that?

3 Likes

… how about a Guinness Record for back pain

3 Likes

In my youth, I tried to get my foot behind my neck. I came close and with more practice I likely could have done it, but was concerned about how I would get out of that position and decided that maybe I didn’t need it back there anyway.

3 Likes

Go for it!

ezgif-2-a24d9502e6

2 Likes

Years ago, before I got sober, I got arrested once, and after I got transferred to county jail, at one point I was handcuffed to a bar in a hallway with a bunch of other arrestees. I don’t remember why they were temporarily holding us there, but the guard who put the cuffs on me didn’t make them super tight. I looked at it and said, “Hmmm. I wonder…” I popped my thumb out of socket and my hand slipped right through those cuffs. I then looked around and thought, “This is a bad idea,” and slipped my hand right back into the handcuff.

2 Likes

I can understand the temptation, but yeah, that just sounds like little more than one more way to find a beating.

3 Likes

This is something squirrels can do with all four paws, which helps with running face first down trees.

I think Marvel may have found their lead girl:

1 Like

Ahhhhh that’s cool and freaky.

Nice fleur de lis

I saw a video the other day of a guy in the army who can pop his whole fucking hand back wards - like partially reverse the direction of the grip. Ahhhh1!!

i did that once.
i do not have that foot any more.

1 Like
2 Likes