Woman finds hidden camera disguised as rock pointed at her home

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/11/woman-finds-hidden-camera-disguised-as-rock-pointed-at-her-home.html

12 Likes

Rob’s post: “Tiny secret cameras are everywhere wtf here’s how to protect yourself”

~scroll~

~scroll~

BoingBoing shop post: “Record yourself anywhere with this tiny body cam! For healthy good reasons like nature and safety!”

27 Likes

Womp womp.

3 Likes

P.I. for a divorce lawyer?

12 Likes

Amazon keeps trying to sell me both spy cameras and spy camera detectors. I finally gave in and got one of the IR detector ones that does two things, flashes LEDs that will supposedly retro-reflect off of the camera sensor or some such - that was a total bust and couldn’t locate any camera I own (I don’t have any spy cameras, but no special reflection off of my cell phone camera or my Wyze security camera that I could notice). The thing also has an IR sensor, which did work when I shined a remote control near it. But not all spy cameras have IR emitters, so that is not a reliable detection method, nor do they all have WiFi. Some are passive and record to cards, making the Amazon spy camera detectors largely snake oil.

11 Likes

Damn, you said it before I could.

3 Likes

[quote=“smolten, post:2, topic:274362”]
“Record yourself everyone else anywhere with this tiny body cam!
[/quote]

4 Likes

maybe it’s supposed to introduce an arms race of cameras so that by recording other people, ultimately, you yourself are guaranteed to be recorded.

a kind of advertising that attempts to be eventually true :thinking:

4 Likes

It’s a shoddy work for a three-letter-agency, so I think a P.I. could be a possibility.

4 Likes

Did she ever criticize the Cthurch of Scientology?

Their Operating Thetans can remote view, but their PIs always use cheap spy cameras, go figure!

5 Likes

A gentleman on a scooter?

That’s no gentleman; that’s your stalker.

1 Like

Gentleman is generally used in an ironic sense here. “A gentleman from Florida died trying to rob a taco store from the inside of an airtight safe” type thing.

7 Likes

In most neighborhoods these days, people come and go via the garage in the back, not the front door.

Was there some specific issue on the street itself, maybe? Doesn’t look like good enough resolution to see inside the house.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Double Take No GIF
Thats some good spy tech chief.

4 Likes

CSB time: I set up a Blink camera out front to record what kind of birds were visiting, but after a week it was mostly the family across the street coming and going. It felt wrong, and I don’t really want to know anyone else’s business so I took it down. Now the birb feeder is next to my office window and I can watch the burbs being merry.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.