Woman found dead, sitting in a chair in her living room, two years after she passed

It’s so nice to be cared about by our fellow humans.

3 Likes

Actually under intestacy laws, it goes to your closest living relatives within 2 generations (up to grandchildren, grandnephews/nieces) if they can be ascertained by the state

Escheat: The State's Effort To Seize Property | Stimmel Law.

It is to be noted that the primary inquiry and burden of proof in escheat cases rest upon the state. Generally, there is a presumption that a person who dies leaves his/her heirs as inheritors. However, in escheat cases, a state can overcome that presumption by proving that after diligent search and inquiry, the state was unable to find that the deceased left any ascertainable heirs. In re Estate of Smith , 179 Wash. 287 (Wash. 1934).

2 Likes

My niece, the doctor, related that in her training, they were told that cats will not eat their deceased owners. Dogs might though. I have no idea if this is comforting to you.

3 Likes

Must have been a comfortable chair. I need one of those for my home-office.

2 Likes
3 Likes

This is a great book, it’s geared toward kids but it’s really good for any age. She answers kids questions about death. It’s on the shelf under our coffee table.

The video is more specific about that one question.

Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs?: Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death https://www.amazon.com/dp/039365270X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_i_ABJEW8A6TDDM55SX42JB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Discriminating taste…

morris the cat GIF

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.