Woman on speakerphone in Uber called in bomb threat to Walmart to prevent boyfriend's shoplifting arrest

Originally published at: Woman on speakerphone in Uber called in bomb threat to Walmart to prevent boyfriend's shoplifting arrest | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Well, there was a lot to parse in that headline.

After reading the post, I’m curious how the boyfriend ended up in the changing room, “about to be arrested.” Did store security have him and lost him? Was there a wacky chase through the store? (I really hope so.)

16 Likes

Just wow. So much going on.
Education succeeds once again.

9 Likes

Why would she do such a thing?

Because…

19 Likes

15 Likes

Honestly I’m amazed that people love speaker phone so much. I see people in grocery stores holding the bottom of the phone up to their mouth - defeating the point of it being hand’s free. Just use headphones people!

11 Likes

But if they weren’t on speaker in public how would you get to hear the most important phone call in the store?

9 Likes

So she did this out loud in front of a witness, on a device that is probably traceable to her, while likely being recorded by the driver’s security camera. It’s the perfect crime!

12 Likes

Genius plan.

If you have a very very low bar for what constitutes “genius.”

6 Likes

Rudy Giuliani, take note!

10 Likes

And how did she know that he was being busted? Did he pause to text her, or was he on speakerphone with her until the chase music started?

It was so much easier in the Dick Tracy days when only the police had wrist radios.

9 Likes

I guess the “speakerphone” angle probably didn’t make much difference in the grand scheme of things since the cops probably had her caller ID the second she placed the phone call and the driver would have heard her side of the conversation in any event, but still… rude.

11 Likes

He had a feeling they were onto him.

6 Likes

Hopefully he was not stealing bread - I hear the statute of limitations on that is a nightmare

5 Likes

It’s Joel/Ethan Coen level comedy.

5 Likes

Obviously the flaw in the plan was not having another accomplice calling in an even bigger threat to distract from and prevent the second arrest.

5 Likes

See my post above yours… times 2.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.