Woman opens fire on cellular tower workers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/22/woman-opens-fire-on-cellular-t.html

3 Likes

Ummmm…

Nov 25, 2019

This wasn’t a recent incident with one of the anti 5G wingnuts who blame radio waves for the coronavirus. I do hope she did get the help she really needed though.

21 Likes

Stupid fucking cultists.

3 Likes

She’s not wrong, I hear voices from cell towers too.

32 Likes

The woman has prevously contacted authorities to inform them of “hearing voices from the tower”, says local Sheriff Chris Bowman. Her gun is legally owned.

Cue the usual ammosexuals explaining why we have to allow situations like this in order to preserve their right to amass a collection of weapons.

18 Likes

Not the first time panicked folks were shooting at towers…

6 Likes

We need to arm the cell tower workers!

3 Likes

Forget the workers, we need to arm cellular towers!

9 Likes

They might want to look into that whole gun ownership thing she’s got going on.

7 Likes

While you’re right, there have been anti 5g people around for quite a while, it’s just exploded with the coronavirus too, maybe previously existing anti 5g groups exploited the virus to promote their cause. Before they were mostly about saying it causes cancer.

3 Likes

Post has been updated with a note on the timing of this event.

10 Likes

:thinking:

3 Likes

I will never forgive the wingnuts for making me feel compassion for Bill Gates.

10 Likes

What got me about the video is the total lack of confidentiality/privacy. It feels like the Sheriff shouldn’t be going around saying “yeah, we’ve heard from her before” until there is a conviction in place. I feel like her lawyer could use that interview to show poor police practice.

Also, there are casefiles open on the Sheriff’s desk, including a mugshot from someone:

I know it’s pretty unlikely someone will figure out who it is, but it just seems sloppy.

Finally, I hate perp walks (in most cases). It doesn’t take a genius to figure out this is a troubled woman and letting the news cameras that close to her is ridiculous. Not needed, the only reason to do that is fresh meat entertainment.

13 Likes

The only beef I’ve ever had with 5G has been the hype. Low-band 5G is barely an improvement over existing LTE, and the millimeter-wave bands can’t penetrate a window and need massive numbers of tiny cells to really be of any use. Then we have the battery consumption, phone size, and pricing issues to deal with as well.

8 Likes

Pretty sure police responding to calls is part of the public record. Like the police blotter in the newspaper. And mug shots are definitely public record.

“Woman called 911 complaining cell tower was sending voices to her head.”

1 Like

Guns don’t shoot cell towers, people do.

1 Like

Deep down, I think what contributes most to cell towers being shot is bullets. But if we take away the bullets, the next thing you know we will be hearing about a rise in cell tower knifings. Best to keep things as they are, I suppose.

8 Likes

Another beef with 5G is that Ajit Pai and the FCC are allocating frequency spectrum that will interfere with weather prediction and GPS.

6 Likes

Push them into swimming pools maybe?

3 Likes