Woman surprised to be arrested after pushing over cop

Police here definitely have guns. I used to work in the world trade center in west Melbourne, which also houses a lot of police functions. I once got into an elevator which had three police officers and so many guns that I had to press the button for their floor. They couldn’t reach it on their own.

So anyway TIL. I didn’t know that cop tipping was now a thing in my city. I must give it a go.

13 Likes

Yeah, I was mixing them up with the UK cops.

Cup day last year I collected my son from North Melbourne station. 90% of the people exiting that station had come from Flemington and one guy I remember staggered around the area near the station, walking up to things and apparently trying to work out if the thing he had approached was a urinal. Finally a bus pulled up. He stepped into the bus, it looked about right so…

9 Likes

Every year the vic police surround the place with booze buses. You literally can not drive away from the place without giving them a sample of your exhaled precious bodily fluids.

1 Like

Perhaps she had been reading something about the rural American practice of “cow-tipping”, and simply misread the word “cow” as “cop”.

8 Likes

I only know the Melbourne Cup from an episode of Australian Project Runway (it’s on YouTube and of very high quality), but this seems par for the course. Unfortunately this woman forgot that she wasn’t actually in a reality TV simulation.

Well, what do you expect from Flori… wait, this didn’t happen in Floriduh?

5 Likes

If that happenex in the US, she would be screaming: Dude, it’s a prank its a prank IT’S A PRRAANNKKKK!

1 Like

The description on the YouTube video itself gives full details on what happened and where (and possibly why.)

1 Like

I’ve heard of certain cops being rolled over, but not pushed.

Its from 2002, so yes, it is over 11 months old.

2 Likes

News reports date the footage to 2015. The pusher is Sarah Finn, and the pushee is Acting Superintendent Steven Cooper.

3 Likes

Hmm I think I was misled by the way I opened the video in a new tab. Youtube videos stop with links to related videos so the link I got was a related video, not the one in question. Thanks for the clarification.

That’s a different video. Still had an arrest, but the woman wasn’t surprised.

1 Like

The woman posted a message on Channel 7’s Facebook page saying: “You guys forgot to mention that you told me to do it.”
“Apparently she made the comments ‘what do I need to do to get on the news?’.

So as I’m interpreting events. Likely intoxicated woman sees a bunch of news cameras setting up and asks just what she needs to do to get on the news. Someone (likely jokingly) proposes she go push a cop. She does so, achieving her goal.

2 Likes

Australia has a long tradition of being anti-authority, probably explained by how a number of the white inhabitants came to be there (commit crime, get free passage.) The actual wonder is they didn’t make her Prime Minister.

1 Like

No, it looks like something else. She obviously didn’t know what she was doing. Assault? What is this a Victor Hugo novel?

We did, but her party replaced her. Interesting time, we had three Prime Ministers that week alone.

7 Likes

Looks like she got in $800 fine with court costs of $117 as well as $150 to replace the police officer’s glasses.

4 Likes

Although arrest can also happen if you ork cows, I’ve never heard of a coporker. Is that a thing now?

1 Like