NYPD drags grandmother, naked, into apartment hallway, pepper-sprays toddler

[Permalink]

I don’t have much to say, other than I am not surprised, and I will never invite the police into my house, or talk to them. There is no way that you can ever have a positive result of interacting with them.

8 Likes

I wonder if the victims of this assault were also minorities? Oh wait. We live in a hallowed post-racial era. Of course race had nothing to do with it!

4 Likes

Al Qaeda has nothing on Bratton’s terrorist organization. Every single day there’s a new video of their brutality. And what’s video taped has got to be just a sliver of what is happening. Fuck the police. It’s not one bad apple, it’s a whole fearless mechanized droid state.

6 Likes

21 Likes

Dude, that video is nearly an hour long! He may not be talking to the police so apparently his need to speak was built up and was unleashed on everyone else?

Seriously though, yeah. Keep yer trap shut and think happy thoughts.

I’m surprised they haven’t charged her with public indecency and billed the kid for the pepper spray he used.

11 Likes

Round these parts, police often travel in pairs. For a domestic disturbance call, I would expect two officers to show up, and maybe another two waiting by their car, coordinating with the police station, and ready to provide back up.

In these NYPD horror stories, it seems there’s always at least a half dozen of them poised at the door, weapons at the ready. In stead of pairs, it’s like they travel around in… dare I say it… gangs.

Is it really typical in New York to send a dozen cops round to investigate a domestic disturbance complaint? (Not “investigate” as in “talk to people to try and figure out what’s going on.”)

4 Likes

Here in Melbourne, Australia I once lived next door to a place which had a lot of domestic violence calls. A typical response from the vic police would consist of one car and a couple of 20 year old constables who smooth things over and duck out before the violence breaks out again, but one day the dispatcher must have run out of constables so they grabbed two TOG (traffic operations group) veterans from the local highway. These guys must have been so bored handing out tickets for load not secured and exceed 70 km/h by 5. They did a bang up job. Totally professional and Sorted That Situation Out.

1 Like

I’ve heard cops say those are the very most dangerous calls, for what it’s worth. Nobody shoots cops like a drunk ex-husband.

3 Likes

summoning @glitch to defend these… agents of the state.

“Stewart’s 12-year-old daughter had “visible injuries” to her face, cops said. She told officers her mother and older sister beat her with a belt, police said”

The city’s Administration for Children’s Services was called to investigate but didn’t find any evidence of neglect, said Rameau.

“There were no injuries to the child as alleged in the complaint,” the lawyer said.”

Cops removed the 12-year-old from the apartment and say she refused to get into the police car and kicked the door. A police spokesman said the child kicked out one of the police van’s windows, with the broken glass cutting the chin of one of the cops. The cops were treated at local hospitals and released.

“The 12-year-old was charged with assaulting a police officer, criminal mischief and criminal possession of a weapon.”

Diamond Stewart’s 4-year-old son was also pepper sprayed, the family said.

The overwhelming number of good cops scrambling to report their colleagues must all be stuck in the same doorway or something. Y’know like one of those comedies when the protagonists can’t seem to get out of each others way. I always laugh when that happens.

12 Likes

What’s the plural noun for Serpico?

A pipe dream?

4 Likes

I’m not sure your suggested solution is going to go down well with the authorities.

2 Likes

A fucking miracle.

3 Likes

Thank you for that image, I can’t stop imagining 4 or 5 overweight white guys all with badges trying to fit through a door at the same time.

1 Like

… I was shooting heroin and reading “The Fountainhead” in the front seat of my privately owned police cruiser when a call came in. I put a quarter in the radio to activate it. It was the chief.

Oh great. Now you have me convinced that Sam & Max operate in a Randian paradise!

2 Likes

That depends on where you live (and possibly on what color your skin is). Some departments are much better run than others.

I believe that cops believe (as part of their in-group mythology) that domestic disturbances are especially dangerous.

But their belief doesn’t make it a fact.

1 Like

I wouldn’t know - just a thing I heard.

1 Like