Woman surprised to be arrested after pushing over cop

So like the Preakness, but in classier clothes…

I read that as Steven Copper

She’d be dead if she had been black.

File under - “When keeping it real goes wrong.”

Not in Australia.

3 Likes

Worse. They are basically a Third World country in one of the richest countries of the world. My uncle went there after WW2, his stories about their mistreatment were pretty horrifying; he had children out there, he stayed, but he refused to take out Australian citizenship because he didn’t approve of the government, and all the political parties were equally bad.

3 Likes

Yeah some Native American reservations are pretty bad as well. Not all of them though. Various tribes have had various levels of success and failure.

Football fans. Well, she got on the news like she wanted. Hope it was worth it.

Football? It’s a horse race. (Forgive me if I missed something.)

2 Likes

Nope, my mistake. I saw Melbourne Cup and made a dumb assumption.

Do people normally get drunk at horse races? I’ve never been to one.

1 Like

Perhaps she was rebelling against the eyesores that are safety vests…

1 Like

Safety ain’t always pretty - but neither is danger.

4 Likes

Oh yes. Loads of drunkenness at horse races.

And of course, The Kentucky Derby is decadent and depraved.

5 Likes

Go to Youtube and look up Melbourne Cup Drunk (currently - 16,000 videos) :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Other than the $150 for the glasses it’s excessive.

2 Likes

Lets just say that horse racing has little to do with horses.

4 Likes

Ah, I see how you could’ve made that mistake. And don’t feel bad about never having been to a horse race - neither have I, and I’m Melbourne-born and bred. :horse_racing:

2 Likes

This reminds me of something

2 Likes

Not to suggest that Australia is all sunshine and puppies, but a lot has changed here since WWII. A lot has changed everywhere since then, less lynchings in the US than there were then (for example).
There are still problems in many remote communities, and the life expectancy gap is not closing despite significant government spending. But, the idea of a third world country is often oversold. Aboriginal peoples make up 3% of the Australian population and only 24% of that 3% are living in remote communities.
The majority of Aboriginal Australians are living lives largely undistinguishable from the rest of the community.
However, that is not what you would see on the news (In the same way that the majority of African Americans are not gang members living in New York slums).

2 Likes

I am sure you are right, I was just reporting. My uncle’s comments would have been made around 2000.

I kind of like what they’ve done with them! Creativity for the win.

1 Like