Woman surprised to be arrested after pushing over cop

NEW RULE!

Any act that can occur on a play ground can not be called assault when adults do it.

So, okay, we’re going to hold adults to no higher standard than children. Got it.

No, wait, that’s actually a shitty rule.

4 Likes

But let’s not be too sunshine and light, either.

My brother works at remote indigenous schools. At his previous school, the headmaster was fired after using a cattle prod on a student, and several teachers were sexually assaulted by students. The town has a serious problem with wild dog packs; going outside without a big stick is suicidal. They recently celebrated the fact that they had a student sit the end-of-school exams for the first time ever; not that she did particularly well (she got about 30%), but she was the first student to ever make the attempt.

My Mum’s husband has worked in indigenous health and education (sociologist, works in un-fucking dysfunctional community organisations) for forty years. According to him, the situation of the remote communities has become substantially worse in that time.

My first ever research paper was on invasive pneumococcal disease. Central Australian indigenous IPD rates are the highest on the planet.

7 Likes

It’s a great rule because we shouldn’t make a minor mistake a felony problem. It’s also important to hold everyone to the same standard. No higher classes.

They demand to play fetch? That’s kind of adorable.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.