Woman uses eye drops to kill husband

Not to mention there’s an internal connection/pathway too.

Grab a mirror and pull down a little on your lower eyelid. Not far from the inside edge (on the side closest to your nose), you’ll notice a tiny hole. This is the lacrimal punctum . When you produce tears or have another liquid in your eyes, some of it drains into these holes and then into the lacrimal sac, the nasolacrimal duct, and eventually into the back of your nose and throat, where you might get a taste.

5 Likes

I haven’t expected that an eye dropper can kill anyone. I wonder why she did that, and how did she know that it will be poisonous? Has she been cheated on?

2 Likes

You need to read more Agatha Christie novels.

4 Likes

That was one of the scarier Agatha Christie books, but I did not remember the eye drops.

My expectation on seeing the headline was that she’d put poison in eye drops and they’d been administered normally, rather than poisoning food with eye drops.

I guess the former is more of a crime-novel thing.

There was a dear prudence story about this too, a MIL poisoning her DIL.

this seems relevant

https://pharmlabs.unc.edu/labs/parenterals/ophthalmics.htm

• Immediate loss due to spillage . The normal volume of tears in the eye is estimated to be 7 microliters, and if blinking occurs, the eye can hold up to 10 microliters without spillage. The normal commercial eye dropper dispenses 50 microliters of solution; thus, more than half of the dose will be lost from the eye by overflow. The ideal volume of drug solution to administer would be 5 to 10 microliters; however, there are no microliter dosing eye droppers generally available to patients.

one container of visine is 8 ml-- most of which is water. Tetrahydrozoline HCl comprises just 0.05 % of the solution.

I will take some time reading it, thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.