Woman was told by AppleCare that he could walk in the store and a part

If this happened in Florida would the apple employee be allowed to pull out a gun (and shoot)? The customer is quite threatening/aggressive - gesticulating, shouting etc.

A: Sorry, no appointment.
C: But…
A: BLAAAM

5 Likes

No.

3 Likes

The idea that I supposedly need some “genius” to identify a problem with my computer disturbs me to the point that I would not buy an Apple PC (and that’s the only Apple product worth purchase IMO). I can buy computer parts from anywhere. Mac owners have the pleasure of only being able to purchase spares from the internet or by taking your computer to the genii for a dose of patronising know-it-all douchiness.

2 Likes

I’ve always found the Genius part of the apple stores to be somewhat confusing. No one tells you on day one that you’ll have to book appointments to go there. There are no signs to say you need an appointment, and most of the time there is a > 1 week wait to be seen.

Your lowly IT helpdesk at work is actually better than this because at least they have the benefit of being able to Triage the problem and deal with them in order of importance, which is closer to how hospitals work.

3 Likes

OMG…people complain constantly at the attitude of “self important Apple customers” and their snobbish attitudes and now we’ve got one on video and folks here are practically canonizing her as a woman done wrong…cue up some John Lee Hooker!

An appointment? Who would have thought? Personally I love abject chaos and waiting in line for hours on end instead of setting up a time in advance. I prefer a store experience similar to Friday night at the emergency room.

JUSTICE…I DEMAND JUSTICE…let’s all get our strollers together and go down to this Apple store and picket outside, hammering away in time:

APPLECARE DOESN’T CARE!
WE DEMAND OUR PART!

2 Likes

And btw…most times they will try and fit you in…and if they can’t they simply ask you to set up an appointment and come back later so you won’t waste time waiting there…what a bunch of drama queens. But it’s much better making a complete ass of yourself…in the immortal words of Bugs Bunny…

What a maroon!

Yes…hospitals are great examples…ever been in an emergency room where NO ONE has an appointment and everyone feels entitled that they are more important than everyone else?

I suppose Apple has to tell you to make an appointment to get something fixed…doesn’t occur to you to call first or check the website.

Must be a slow first world problems day.

Not like non-Apple PC repair guys who aren’t know-it-all douches? Puh-lease. I guess you don’t recall all the Best Buy horror stories. The only thing worse than an Apple Genius is a PC genius. And in case you haven’t been paying attention to the PC/Laptop industry lately…you can’t exactly buy computer parts anywhere…and your average person wouldn’t know what to do with a computer part and would likely void a warranty messing with it.

2 Likes

First of all, she humiliated herself well before the Internet got ahold of her. Second of all, how do we know some “asshole” at the store is responsible for this? I’ve had bad experiences in stores and restaurants and car repair shops etc…and I have never behaved like this in public. No excuse for it.

She embarrassed herself in front of a limited group of strangers who would have forgotten about it after a few days. However, now, thanks to a self-appointed mob judge, she has been sentenced to an eternity of exposure on the internet. Someone obviously thought it was funny to take advantage of another person going through a moment of weakness and poor judgement. How is that right? What does it matter if the person she was dealing with was being unhelpful or not? Get a sense of proportion.

5 Likes

Sadly, not playing for me for some reason (other vines seem to work) on Firefox, Windows 7 & 8. Must be me if no one else is complaining…?

Apparently this is your first day here on the Internet.

Applecare.

Isn’t that an oxymoron?

1 Like

I hope you guys are getting paid to show up and complain about Apple service.

I’m with am_fek here. An obvious Mom, let’s collectively cut her some slack for having a shit day and being pushed over the edge.

Some compassion please!

4 Likes

You overestimate the difficulty of building a PC. Parts may not be available all over the place on the street, but there are ample numbers of vendors on the webtubz. There are people inept with basic tools and/or clearly written specifications in this world, you may be one of them (I don’t know your life), so I’m not going to discount the notion that some people would find upgrading RAM to be a daunting, if not impossible task. That is, however, OT. More OT…

These Applecare store staff-types are first-level customer support. They will ask you if you plugged in the computer, then they will ask you if you turned it on, etc. The difference between what Apple provides now, and what PC assemblers offered in the bygone days is that Apple requires you to show up in person for a scheduled appointment. I view it as being even more customer hostile than the shitty old call centers.

I sympathize with her getting angry. But I’m sad for the kid in that stroller she’s banging.

1 Like

Maybe. Don’t you read Carl Hiassen?

I was (apparently) fool enough to walk into the store here in London and ask who I could talk to about upgrading my hard drive. Conjoined sneers and nose look-downs preceded a “we don’t do that here”.

Fine. I’ll do it myself.

Wait. Where is she? An Apple Store? That’s what an Apple Store looks like? I thought it would look like a store. That looks like the interior of the Borg ship. Who are those people sitting on benches around the featured woman? Why are they there? Are they there on purpose? Is everyone else familiar with this? Is it considered normal?

1 Like