Woman who infamously attacked Black teen for stealing her phone, which he didn't do, pleads guilty to hate crime

Originally published at: Woman who infamously attacked Black teen for stealing her phone, which he didn't do, pleads guilty to hate crime | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I mean, who hasn’t tackled a teen they thought stole their phone? Oh wait.

5 Likes

She only got a slap on the wrist.

15 Likes

Her “remorse” seems legitimate or she’s full of sh!t. I’ll go with the latter…

14 Likes

If she doesn’t comply, Ponsetto could go to prison for up to four years,

So we’ll be reading here at some point in the next six months about how she’ll be going to prison for up to four years, because there’s no way a jerk like this will comply.

17 Likes

Ponsetto’s attorney, Paul D’Emilia, said his client is grateful for the plea deal, and she has been “leading an exemplary life” since the incident.

Subtext: “The authorities have not found much to raise issue with her in her daily life due to her light complexion.”

18 Likes

My thoughts after reading the headline

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

My thoughts after reading the rest

chef dammit GIF by South Park

14 Likes

Nah. We’ll be reading how she could have gone to jail prison for up to four years but instead she’s been told to not do it again. Yay. Justice or something.

12 Likes

I’m shocked she’s not already being courted by the repubs as their next candidate.

I mean, that’s the usual punishment for these crimes isn’t it /s

4 Likes

6 Likes

Does her hat really say “daddy” there?

… Daddy…

8 Likes

Yep; she got dragged for insisting on wearing it during that interview - despite her lawyer advising against it.

9 Likes

Her near constant whining about the whole thing is appalling.

I would pay decent money to see a video of her haranguing etc the kid as the Uber driver comes up with her phone if it has close up of her face.

I’d be looking for a nice hole to swallow me up from embarrassment myself.

1 Like

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.