Beach racist who hit black teen with bike chain jailed for five years

Originally published at: Beach racist who hit black teen with bike chain jailed for five years | Boing Boing

8 Likes

good.

i’ll believe it when i see it.

24 Likes

IKR? They can’t even ensure protecting in general, especially when dealing with the powerful and privileged:

21 Likes

A GoFundMe page for Mr. Freelon raised more than $18,000 before a dentist’s office offered to provide free care.

And again we ask why anyone, much less the victim of a hate crime, should be burdened by catastrophic healthcare costs in a “first-world” country?

24 Likes

2-Jerry-Maguire-quotes

10 Likes

5 years seems like a short amount of time for a hate crime and a pretty violent assault

16 Likes

It’s just 5 years for him to stew about what happened and come out angrier. I doubt the system will do much to rehabilitate him.

2 Likes

I’m guessing this was his successful attempt at gaining cred with one or more Nazi groups =/ .

The steps:

1. Commit blatant hate crime.

2. Serve time in jail, under the wing of the Aryan Brotherhood.

3. Get LOTS of applicable “88” tattoos and the like.

4. Leave jail into the open, accepting arms of your chosen Nazi gang.

Notably, MS13 does something similar with their inductees and their own internal prison gangs, and while somewhat less organized, so do the Crips and Bloods. It’s quite common.

1 Like

Nowhere near long enough!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.