Woman wins her fight with New Hampshire to keep her vanity license plate

Whoa, whoa, we’re getting dangerously close to the entire premise of the USA, are we not?

2 Likes

There are always going to be edge cases. I once saw a plate called “VIOLNT” (violent) or similar which I though should not have been allowed.

Depends on how you create license plate numbers.

The only possible edge cases in Germany are SS, HJ, SA, 18 and a few others which are easily filtered out.

Because our CTY AZ 9999 scheme which is limited to 8 glyphs simply doesn’t allow a lot of vanity. (Though people still spring extra for initials or lucky numbers)

Oh, I agree, but when stopped at a light the 6’8" bruiser behind you might take it personally. Seems to me the state does have some duty to deter violence, or at least help people not be stupidly provocative. But YMMV.

LIVE, PEE, OR DIE

4 Likes

How do you know it wasn’t intended as Violin Teacher?

1 Like

I support folks right to put whatever on their car but for me personally, I try to keep mine as pristine as possible. No bumper stickers etc… it’s worth not getting vandalized or having a cop throw the book at you because they don’t like Mike Gravel

1 Like

A friend of mine has 666 FEM on hers. She’s very proud of it.

2 Likes

Context

(padding)

So if you’re peeing you’re neither alive nor dead?

Not related to anything, but here goes:

If you’re American when you’re in the kitchen, and you’re American when you’re in the living room, what are you when you’re in the bathroom?

European

Schroedinger’s bathroom? If you’re American when you go into the bathroom and you’re American when you come out of the bathroom, what are you while you’re in the bathroom? That’s the original way I heard it. All centered on one room.

1 Like

2 Likes

Brütal, sir. Brütal.

Um, clearly this is why we need to uphold the sanctity of 'Merica-LARP.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.