Woman's credit card can't be lifted from the ground

Originally published at: Woman's credit card can't be lifted from the ground | Boing Boing

4 Likes

To be fair, the obvious solution of wetting a finger in the mouth was not very kosher back in 2022 when people were still wearing masks.

6 Likes

She might as well cut all those fingernails, now. No point in having them if they can’t get under a credit card on the floor. :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

Clearly the forces of Ascard didn’t judge her worthy of that credit line.

30 Likes

Forget the credit card, look at her finger nails… She’s clearly some sort of cryptid of a race separate from us mere mortals.

2 Likes
16 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

I suspect the floor is just a little wet. That can make a flat object adhere tightly due to a combination of surface tension and suction.

14 Likes

I Believe.

3 Likes

Probably one of those newer cards with no raised lettering, making it lay super flat on the floor.

7 Likes

Thor’s credit card?

4 Likes

May favorite bit of random wholesomeness about the Fortress Key in All Star Superman is that he keeps it under a front door mat that says “Welcome” (shows up in the 11th issue). That’s just lovely pure homey Superman for you.

3 Likes

There is no Twitter, only Zuul. I mean X.

3 Likes

Kudos to those who leveled and finished that floor.

4 Likes

“Woman can’t lift her credit card from the ground” FTFY

Because her nails are too smooth, with thick, round edges that can’t generate enough friction to pry the card up. What are we even doing here?

2 Likes

The proper technique here would be to get on all fours, put your lips on the card and suck like a vacuum. It’s quicker and much less of a spectacle than this woman’s attempt. Trust me, I’ve hoovered credit cards off the floor in shadier places.

everyone noo GIF

I’m putting this in the same category of people who can’t properly wrap a long extension cord without knots and uneven loops. Not everyone has dexterity or the processing skills to figure out what they are up against.

3 Likes

The point everyone seems to be missing here is she’s trying to pick it up without damaging her expensive manicure by scraping it on the floor.

Petty judgements about what she chooses to do with her body aside, it’s a perfectly practical problem for someone with that style of manicure, and it is expensive work. She may have just had it done, as well, so the desire to keep it nice a little longer would be strong.

People are walking very close to a line of shaming a woman for her aesthetic choices here. Let’s keep a lid on that please.

5 Likes

Not 5 mins ago, my gf dropped all her cards on the kitchen floor and I, an inveterate biter of nails, scrabbled to pick them up. If only I’d read this One Weird Trick first. Ah, well. I’ll know for next time.