Women who rented an Airbnb "castle" were attacked and bitten by bats

Originally published at: Women who rented an Airbnb "castle" were attacked and bitten by bats | Boing Boing

1 Like

Untitled

11 Likes

The bats got entangled in some of the women’s hair, some were struck by the creatures and others were bitten, the complaint said.

Yeah, bullshit.

As an immediate relative of someone who has studied bats for over 40 years, I can say with certainty: they don’t ‘strike’, they don’t get stuck in your hair, and they don’t attack you.

Fly around you? Sure. But you’re going to have to get aggressively up in their shit to the point of grabbing them to get them to bite you.

I totally get being pissed that your AirBNB vacation took a left turn when you found out you were sharing a roof with a bat colony - and yeah, the cleanliness is a definite issue - but don’t blame an animal for existing in the same space as you and then fucking lie to wrongly villainize them in an attempt to make you seem like more of a victim.

30 Likes

I have occasionally had a bat flying around the inside of the cottage; once you’ve been woken up at 1:00 a.m. by the unmistakable “fwoop fwoop” of bat wings, you never forget. Once, one of the cats caught the bat in the pitch dark, within about 30 seconds of its entry into the room. He was a good hunter.

8 Likes

Well that sounds like a party

/s

4 Likes

Or a villain origin story.

8 Likes

Dc Comics Dance GIF

15 Likes

11 Likes

Unless, of course, if bat had rabies.

8 Likes

It could be worse…

6 Likes
6 Likes

Yep. “Entangled” in hair is a bit of a tell.

7 Likes

Never Forget Fun GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

8 Likes

Nervous Rivers Cuomo GIF by Fall Out Boy

7 Likes

Are we sure this wasn’t a group of vampires attacking some old ladies?

Fucked Up Lol GIF by What We Do in the Shadows

13 Likes

“It’s a feature!”

7 Likes

Yes. I had this happen once too. In my case I closed a window that was usually open and the bats had been using as egress/ingress, makes me wonder if the guests at this Airbnb did something similar, and the bats had to find another way outside to feed.

7 Likes

What part of “castle” did they not understand?

You want a castle, it comes with bats. I don’t make the rules.

14 Likes

1d7be1cd-5210-462a-806e-927e54dbdcbc_text

5 Likes

So much worse.

8 Likes