Women's Input, Comments and Rhetoric on the BBS

Adding my voice of support and sisterhood to this thread. I mostly just lurk the BBS, but I clearly remember one of the first topics I weighed in on was about abortion. That was… a choice I made :grimacing:. In general as a woman on the internet I tend to self edit, but folks like @Melizmatic remind me about the merit of being loud. It’s exhausting fighting to be heard, but it’s easier when we shout together.

30 Likes

18 Likes

Because Liz Cambage has nothing to be ashamed of:

14 Likes

Because breaking a world record for running less than a year after having major abdominal surgery is some serious hard core badassery:

26 Likes

Allyson Felix is amazing. I thought so before and it goes double for her strong return to world class track.

13 Likes

RIGHT the fuck ON:

25 Likes

Good on John Legend, but as always, DON’T read the comments.

18 Likes

That is one of my favorite Christmas time songs…and there is absolutely nothing wrong and everything right with that little re-write.

7 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with updating the problematic lyrics, either; my biggest issue is that he chose Kelly Clarkson for the duet.

10 Likes

What… well that makes me wanna stay with the Bo and Luke Duke bromance version for now.

8 Likes

5 Likes

Truly, the best version ever:

12 Likes
20 Likes

Paging Saint Barbara…

9 Likes

Anyone who thinks women’s voices don’t get dismissed is ignoring every single time BB posts an article about the Bechdel test or women’s portrayals in media, and how men jump in to defend how unfair it is we judge a movie/comic/TV show/game where the white male hero can shrug off debilitating injuries as not meeting a standard, because “women weren’t in [field] during [historical period].”

If you’re willing to suspend disbelief for your invincible hero, but not for the presence of women, “historical accuracy” isn’t the issue.

26 Likes

Fuckin A.

Why can’t you just see that the way I see things is just THE WAY THEY ARE? I don’t have some kind of “male perspective.” Why you wanna be sexist like that?

Blablablabla

19 Likes

But it’s UNFAIR TO TEH MENZ, Malevolentpixy@!!! UNFAIRRRRRR… most especially the white male ones from the middle class… /S

But seriously, fuckin’ A! I’m sick of being told my concerns don’t matter.

17 Likes

Obligs right now;

18 Likes

God forbid all of the universe not cater to their fucking egos…

13 Likes

But women didn’t exist back then…and weren’t talking to each other.

It’s a real failure of vision for artists - and commentators.

16 Likes