Women's restroom symbol reimagined

It’s always useful to have a numbering system so you know what each particular bathroom is for.

1 Like

Or there could be a multiple stall bathroom without weird glyphs on the door.

1 Like

Frankly, I prefer that the Deep Ones find their own bathroom. This one’s occupied!

2 Likes

3 Likes

How, exactly, did you “encounter” them? :wink:

1 Like

Oh!

machine in the restroom. Sorry to disappoint. My brother and I, being tourists, each bought a packet as a souvenir,

1 Like
Explore selene0789
4 Likes

I saw signs on toilets in a cafe in Tokyo that had something like this. I lol’d.

6 Likes

I agree that’s certainly the more important step (and more relevant one for this thread) but i know quite a few people who, upon seeing that even one stall is occupied, will turn around and walk out of a bathroom, either out of some kind of “respect” for the other occupants, or their own anxiety. I have yet to meet the inverse, a person who refuses to perform without an audience…

I like the concept, but I think the version here looks like it was reimagined by the TSA.

1 Like

Where did you find a public WC with a lid?

1 Like

I’m less amused by the latex-flavored bubblegum they insist on selling in pub bathroom vending machines.

7 Likes

When every public bathroom everywhere has the identical iconography, it can no longer credibly be called “weird.”

I don’t think you’d even be legitimately confused by the “Pointers/Setters” distinction found in many sawdusted honkytonks.

1 Like

Credible to whom? Any icons are counter-intuitive to some. The topic even says “women’s restroom symbol”, but these would be more accurately described as dress/trousers icons rather than men’s/women’s. If I wear trousers, do I still go in the “dresses” room?

The pointers/setters is new to me. But my point was that group unisex facilities are just as viable as retrofitting everyplace to have more individuals rooms.

Counter-intuitivity is irrelevant here. You have been to public restrooms. You learned what the symbols mean a long time ago. Stop pretending you’re a newly-arrived space alien.

The barriers to more individual restrooms are financial and architectural. The barriers to unisex restrooms are social constructs. We know you don’t care for or even acknowledge the latter but for most of us they are just as real as the “there is not enough space here for everyone to shit in absolute privacy” factor.

4 Likes
L_Mariachi: When every public bathroom everywhere has the identical iconography, it can no longer credibly be called “weird.”
[quote="popobawa4u, post:34, topic:56865"] Credible to whom? Any icons are counter-intuitive to some. [/quote] Oh, yes -- there will always be those restaurants that try to be a bit too clever... I don't know if I am a barnacle or a starfish!
3 Likes

I do acknowledge social constructs, but we’ve always got to invent new ones based on current data instead of wringing our hands over what seemed important to some gits on the other side of the planet thousands of years ago. If you wouldn’t trust your healthcare to bogus ancient norms, why do so for your social life? Updating these is more important than getting the latest electronic gizmo.

1 Like

A public restroom that ordered from the wrong supply catalog.

Crustacean, maybe. You sound crabby.

2 Likes

Which is silly, because they could just choose “buoy” and “gull” instead.

5 Likes