"America's Best Bathroom" is a small town's public toilet

[Read the post]

Beautiful! I sure hope it holds up over the years!

7 Likes

I will poop there someday, I do solemnly swear.

11 Likes

I like this bathroom, placed in a cellar under a medieval house and very dungeon-like.

8 Likes

All I wonder is where are the grab bars? I guess that’s the code reviewer in me.

Also there are some other neat ones on their website: http://www.bestrestroom.com/us/

4 Likes

It’s beautiful, but the metal seat would be an automatic disqualification, in my book.

Finally a place worthy of my poocassos and pisscassos. I’d gogh there! If I didn’t get it all out I’d gauguin!

(Oh god, out of morbid curiosity i googled this. poo poo picasso and picasso poo are apparently things. oh internet…)

5 Likes

just the bowl is metal, the seat appears to be composite.

1 Like

And now the ambience will be ruined as the tourists flood the place!

2 Likes

If MY bathrooms were this nice, I’d open them to the public, too!

…but do they have public wifi? do people still go in places without internet connections?

1 Like

Are those bats on the ceiling?

1 Like

That looks like a grab bar there, it’s just hard to see because it’s black and almost in line with the wall framing.

But why are they gendered if they’re single-occupant?

1 Like

You would really hate going to in prison.

2 Likes

A lot of building codes stipulate that single occupant bathrooms have to be gendered. Normally this is because the amount of facilities needed differs between men and women. Typically women have ~1.5 times the toilet count of men.

1 Like

Huh? All single occupant bathrooms have identical toilet counts: one.

Unless you mean toilet-person-hours, that women take 50% longer? Even so, just like at a bank or supermarket, everyone’s better off with a single line feeding multiple checkouts.

TOILET PERSON HOURS

3 Likes

I meant the toilets per person.

1 Like

I’m still not following. Since there’s one each here, gendering them just means women have to stand on a longer line. Maybe the men’s has an additional urinal?

I wonder, is there a glass partition above the metal?

Because, going by the familiar state of public bathrooms (and in particular, those located in the offices of corporations), I am truly confused about the total lack of faeces pushed through the grate.

Almost as weird is the apparent lack of urine sprayed over every surface. Where are the puddles?

1 Like

I thought the same thing, in many places that dungeon grate would be considers a pee on the skeleton challenge. Which is why we can’t have nice things like that here.

1 Like