Wonderful footage of fireball meteor over Idaho

Originally published at: Wonderful footage of fireball meteor over Idaho | Boing Boing

7 Likes

download

15 Likes

“Jody said “It’s mine, but you can have it for $17 million.”

5 Likes

Nature is awesome. Amazing to think that thing was somewhere between the size of a grapefruit and a watermelon.

5 Likes
7 Likes

Slow it down (a lot) and here’s your soundtrack for it:

(source is the movie Your Name; the animated version of the comet in the movie is amazing but better appreciated in context of the film)

5 Likes

AllSkyCam specialized meteor cameras

The long tail product for capturing long tails.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Waiting to hear which of my meteorite-collecting buds has geared up and is en route to the likely strewnfield.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Was an inter-rossiter involved?

5 Likes

sorry, had to make emergency landing. didn’t think anyone was watching.

4 Likes

I’m just concerned that Idaho keeps getting mentioned on BB. Unless we can stop this people might start to believe it exists.

7 Likes

I always spelled it interocitor but I’ve never seen the script so no idea.

Try "Lucifer’s Hammer"by Niven and Pournelle for a good literary idea of what a serious strike would be like for humanity.

The scene of hundreds of surfers riding the “death wave” tsunami that is going to take out Los Angeles is a pure gem and I could see people doing it: 'We’re gonna die, so let’s ride one last time!"

2 Likes

Ha! Nor have I. I think we can both be right, along with every other potential spelling.

1 Like

Interocitor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.