Wonderful video of teen with Tourette's cooking an omelette

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/07/wonderful-video-of-teen-with-t.html

5 Likes

Wonderful video of teen with Tourette’s Making an omelette

Fixed that for you.

2 Likes

I am so disappointed by the bleeps! I demand the uncensored director’s cut!

7 Likes

I curse making omelettes too sometimes.

BTW what is an eig? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OMG, this was adorable.

I often feel like I have 5% Tourette’s. I have a bunch of very minor tics that most people wouldn’t notice–I always wonder how common that is–so I can totally empathize with her here, and at the same time be amazed at how much more powerful actual Tourette’s is.

Damn, the speed with which she could whip those eggs. Completely different from when she was pretending to be about to throw those 4 eggs at the end. I feel like this would be almost impossible to fake.

5 Likes

Very brave - and wonderful. I’ve got folks in my life with Tourette’s and it’s never dull.

Man, that must suck. Especially when the Tourette’s makes several attempts to break the eggs, but she overcomes the impulses, only to have the Tourette’s do it once she lets her guard down…

1 Like

Yeah. Is adult-onset Tourettes a thing? Asking for a friend…

The barber I used to frequent in Brooklyn has Tourettes, and is awesome at his job. He never let his tics affect his work. He’d just step back, let his body move, and get back to work. Perfect haircuts every time.

4 Likes

She’s Australian. Hence the igs.

Weird though, did not realize being from Oz was a medical condition.

1 Like

Can someone post a direct link? My NoScript or some other tool is blocking the video and I’m having trouble figuring out which setting will bring it up.

Her laughs are infectious and when I began to feel really sad about her omelette experience, she would laugh and so would I. I was intrigued when she began to sing, chortling a little, as she relaxed and sang without any tics for a moment.

She is very much not Australian.

(Australians like to claim New Zealanders as ours all the time, but we don’t get to claim her, awesome though she is.)

2 Likes

Try adding the jwp*.com hosts: jwpcdn.com, jwplatform.com, jwplayer.com, jwpsrv.com.

My bad. She is from NZ which I gather is actually a incurable medical condition.

4 Likes

Thanks. Weirdly I don’t see an option to allow that domain on the noscript menu. Maybe some other script loads those assets? I ended up just opening the page in a safari private window

The director’s cut, and probably much more amenable to those with scriptblockers too.

2 Likes

Fuckin’ eggs, how do they work?

2 Likes

I am cursing a lot more lately…

2 Likes

That’s just ‘sign-o-the times’…

2 Likes