Woody Allen: "I should be the poster boy for the #MeToo movement."

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/04/woody-allen-i-should-be-the.html

4 Likes

Like one of those posters you see of wanted criminals at the post office?

29 Likes

So we’re agreed that he’s right, then? #himtoo

11 Likes

What a huge mistake in logic. I was molested by a family member for six months. He definitely saw me as a target, but it doesn’t mean he was out there targeting his co-workers.

34 Likes

Yep. Along the lines of being the spokesman for an anti-murder campaign because you are only guilty of manslaughter.

23 Likes

Why the hell does he think this movement should have a poster boy?

36 Likes

I didn’t rape any of my costars! Where is my goddamn cookie?”

42 Likes

What about Mia Farrow?

21 Likes

Nope, just his own kids; that’s so much better…
/s

32 Likes

This thread is going to get real bad, real fast.
Then when it’s done, someone should read it all to Woody Allen.

31 Likes

It depends who you believe, Melz. If you believe Moses Farrow, Woody Allen didn’t rape anybody… but Mia Farrow regularly beat and psychologically abused her children, driving two of them to suicide and a third to drug addiction and an early grave.

17 Likes

Isn’t it time that someone started one of those Abe Vigoda status pages on him? Is he dead yet?

6 Likes

I believe Dylan Farrow. So does her other brother, Ronan.

21 Likes

Even if one were to 100% believe Allen that the allegations against him were totally fabricated, that would make Woody Allen a very bad “poster boy” for a movement that is about shifting our attitudes towards listening to victims and away from assuming the powerful, respected man is in the right, wouldn’t it?

A younger me would have heard this and said, “Well, he probably hasn’t harassed or abused women he worked with because otherwise how could he be so stupid as to invite women to come forward like this in public?”

I’ve learned better, now, that privilege is so intoxicating/stupefying that even a man who had raped hundreds of women would be liable to say such a thing, then look perplexed the next week when 12 women accused him the next week.

I guess we’ll see.

27 Likes

I gotta drop a holy fuck on this one.

36 Likes

Roger that.

26 Likes

Woody Allen’s adopted daughter Dylan Farrow says her father sexually abused her 25 years ago. While Allen was never charged, the judge in the case said Allen’s behavior was “grossly inappropriate.”

Yeah, but he is a delight to work with! At least he keeps it professional. :confused:

12 Likes

I guess I’m the poster boy of BLM because I’ve never shot a black person.

19 Likes

Thanks, I never read that. Interesting perspective to the matter.

3 Likes

No matter who you believe it is a matter of public record that Woody Allen married a woman who was effectively his stepdaughter.

20 Likes