Work in a $17k shed

It looks small enough to put it on wheels so you can rotate it with the sun. My home office (my living room) faces north and gets a lot of sun in the early morning. Depending on the season this can be good or bad.

I miss my bike commute now and one thing which attracts me to a small office like this is the potential to cheaply set up an office space remote from my home. I find that in practice I don’t have the motivation to exercise every day, unless I use it to get to work.

1 Like

You are correct. The floor has lost too much structural integrity to be moved. Which is sad, because it’s an otherwise very sturdy shed. Whichever previous owner built it put the thing directly on the ground instead of on cement. I could probably salvage quite a bit for the new one now that I think about it…

2 Likes

Wow - I just realized that I’m living in a former garden shed. It was 285 sq. ft. when I moved in, just 60 sf bigger than this kit. I always thought it was the gardener’s cottage…

(don’t ask what I paid for it; I live in the SF Bay Area)

1 Like

Do you live in Detroit? (not snark, just curious)

1 Like

Just a new floor? Psh!
Easily replaced.
Though if a chap has a hankering after a ‘new’ new shed, well sometimes you’ve just gotta do what you’ve gotta do. :wink:

Good enough guess, but I’m in Cleveland. A few years ago $1 homes were available, but the bottom tends to be around 10,000 now.

1 Like

For 17K I could build a rather nice cabin. Bit pricey. Also a carpenter, cabinetmaker, and can fake it pretty well in plumbing and electricity, so might have more chops then the average person.

Ah - I’m in California. Alternate universes.

A copy of Your Cabin in the Woods and the services of an electrician and plumber can go a long way for those of us who don’t have your expertise.

I know I’m naive when it comes to building costs but for $9,000 to 17,000 dollars I expected Mahogany in the mix somewhere.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.