Workers rights and unions

As usual, Beau had a good take on the railroad workers and what pols are doing:

6 Likes

This, unfortunately, is of of those rare broken clock times when bothsiders have a point. Politicians still ultimately chose capital over labor, no matter which party they belong to.

Beau isn’t a bothsider BTW, or you, just to be completely clear :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Touche! Great timing on that one.

Amen to that.

6 Likes
8 Likes

from

17 Likes
12 Likes

Yep, and some of us can help (I got bored with Wordle and stopped montths ago) –

11 Likes

Break my Wordle streak? That’s going a step too far!

9 Likes

Peak search was in February.

Okay?
Maybe I’m just old fashioned then.

6 Likes

Two of The New York Times’s top White House reporters are opting out of a labor action Thursday as tensions continue to grow over contract negotiations at the news organization.

Chief White House reporter Peter Baker and Pulitzer Prize-winning White House correspondent Michael Shear told colleagues before the walkout that they would not be participating in the one day work stoppage, three people told Semafor.

12 Likes
16 Likes

I’m guessing that’s true of people going into the humanities and history as well…

13 Likes

Funny how that lines up perfectly with the rollout of conservative policies that have kept wages flat since then and made it so that anyone that is not already rich has to struggle to survive. No time for art when you have to work three jobs

13 Likes

All those unpaid internships and networking events are paying off exactly as expected, then.

13 Likes

19 Likes

luther rage GIF

13 Likes

But but, Biden and the Dems are on the side of workers! It’s the Repubbies who give tax breaks and such to the rich!!!

/s

11 Likes
10 Likes

Oof. Not defending the manager at all but reading that rant, especially if you’ve been in the restaurant business, really lays out the indoctrination process.
Transferable to several other industries, and opinions on access to education. :cry:

11 Likes