Workers rights and unions

Ok wow.

Let me break this down a bit for non players.

D2’s business model has been criticized by players quite heavily the past few months. The most well known was brought up by Destiny streamer/content creator Azteccross in his video about the game calling it a ‘microtransaction hell’. It got a million and a half views on its own, Asmonggold’s reaction video to it got a million a half views also and other reaction videos drew hundreds of thousands of views also. The crux is that D2 has turned into a bloated and expensive game to get into and how Bungie decided to focus on paid cosmetics with some questionable pricing schemes hidden behind tricky currency nonsense.

To deal with the criticism they decided on one of the things they wanted change from a seasonal content model into a chapters based system. The seasonal model was a 3 month dlc drop that stayed up for no more than a year with 4 drops. After that year is up, most of those missions and content outside of weapons, armor and cosmetics just goes away. They tried to drip out content little by little week after week. The players called them out for how predatory this model is by abusing fomo.

The chapter format that was supposed to come out early next year alongside the Final Shape was supposed to change things up. 3 expansions over the year containing 3 spaced out content drips throughout the chapter, spaced 4 months apart and the content will be permanently added to game.

I guess Bungie likes their new(ish) baby Marathon more because it that could have the potential to get new players than the esoteric, bloated and expensive Destiny 2

Edit: might as well include the video I mentioned. It’s a long one with a 35 minute viewing time

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/31/toyota-raises-uaw-strike-ford-gm

More proof that successful unions are good for all workers.

11 Likes
4 Likes

from

from

5 Likes

Tesla is another prime target for the union. The UAW has tried to gain traction at Tesla, where it has faced heavy resistance from CEO Elon Musk, who was found guilty of violating labor laws in 2019. Last year, Musk appeared to invite the UAW to hold a vote at Tesla, but that same year, Tesla was again found guilty of violating labor laws, this time for banning pro-union t-shirts at its factory in California.

9 Likes

Uber, Lyft to hand back $328M of stolen wages to NY drivers

7 Likes

It looks like employers are trying a new tactic in the “working from home” wars. If 100% back to the office isn’t accepted, they’ll compromise on a few days a week. :roll_eyes: I can’t get past the position Zoom keeps taking here…

7 Likes

“Less time commuting means less time polluting.”

:clap:

10 Likes

Great bumper sticker! . . . I think?

6 Likes

Also available at many food co-ops in the U.S.
The only brand I buy.
Delicious.

5 Likes

Used to be me too, but I tried this one, and never looked back. Sooooo good!

Fair trade too.

7 Likes

Zoom background!

1 Like
4 Likes

They tricked them into revoking their union membership.

frustrated star trek GIF by Alpha

2 Likes
3 Likes

https://archive.ph/Z1Lu6

It’s not about productivity. It’s about justifying expenses and propping up the real estate market.

Talker on my teevee was discussing the wework bankruptcy & said that 90% of the landlords they rent from made agreements in the bankruptcy plan- to avoid disruption in the real estate markets in major cities.

Disruptors no like disruption.

7 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes